immolation

vonahs

Reaction score
just to get immolation to do a scaleing damage? cant even have it do 10% of enemys health

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
It's impossible to return a unit's damage for use in triggers. It doesn't show up in the Integer or Real section.

vonahs

Reaction score
so its nit possible to have immolation do scaling damage? can you use reseasrch to lvl it as a unit spell vs a hero spell. same way you research attack damage and armor?

Zorobay

Reaction score
well you might be able to do it in a pretty complicated way. What if you add the units that were damage by immolation and then you create dummy units that is the same as the ones damaged. Then create dummy units that take damage from the dummy creeps. then calculate how much damage the dummy units were taken and then damage the "creeps"!

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Okay so if I get you right, what you want to do is create immolation that damages enemy for 10% of their health every second?

Simply add units that come in range to a unit group and remove it when they're out of range.

Create a dummy unit and use it to damage the units in the unit group for 10% of their max health.

However, if you want to create immolation based on your damage, I don't think it's possible. Damage detection systems would work... but only when your unit actually attacks.

DioD

Reaction score
database with every unit damage
trigger to deal AOE damage every 0.1 second
???
done

this is nothing hard after blizzard added hashtables into GUI.

since most likely only one unit will have immolation, you need to store only his damage, and every possible bonus.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> this is nothing hard
> store only his damage, and every possible bonus

Hmmm... :rolleyes:

All in all, there won't be a desirable result. Forget about this. Use some other unit data as reference to the damage. The unit's life is a good start.

baassee

Reaction score
You just need to damage formula, attributes and bonuses and you're good to go. Although if you aren't experienced with this, move along.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
How about creating a copy of the targeted unit, changing its ownership to the Immolation unit's owner, then getting the copy to attack the target?

hopy

Reaction score
You just need to damage formula, attributes and bonuses and you're good to go. Although if you aren't experienced with this, move along.

We'll just calculate the hero's damage it can do and damage units with a random amount based on those calculations.

Now, a hero's damage done is based on his primary stat, damage dices and bonus items such as claws.

Damage: (Base damage + Amount of Dice) -> (Base damage + (Amount of DicexNumber of Sides))

Save the units damage bonus gained from items and abilities in a real, we'll call it [Bonus Damage], only items like claws (bonus damage) not stats like boots of argility.
Afther that save the hero's main atribute (argility, strenght or int) in another real, include bonusses, we'll call it [Base Damage].

Now search the units 'Attack - number of dice' and 'Attack - Number per dice'.We'll save these two things in a real called [Attack - number of dice] and [Attack - Number per dice].

'Set [Total Damage] = (Random number between ((([Base Damage] + [Bonus Damage]) + [Attack - Number of Dice])) and (([Base Damage] + [Bonus Damage]) + ([Attack - number of dice] x [Attack - Number per dice])))'

Please keep in mind that this is all hand typed and I don't have a World Editor here at the moment.

Now if for example the hero has Command Aura increasing the total damage by 10% add something like:
'Set [Total Damage] = ([Total Damage] x 1.10)'.

I know this isn't exactly the amount of damage the hero would've done, but it's close enough I think. :p

Please let me know if this was unclear, haven't got much time to tpye a long story and I don't have World Editor with me here. These are just the calculations for damage.

TomTTT

Reaction score
maybe make a periodic of this unit attacking a dummy, and setting the damage dealt into a variable, and by that damaging the others? This really isn't so effective.

vonahs

Reaction score
now yall are over my head. what about spell lvl? can it be upgraded? cuz immolation as a unit spell can still ahve 3 lvls. can i upgrade spell lvl and just have certain amount of damage increase as spell increases?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
maybe make a periodic of this unit attacking a dummy, and setting the damage dealt into a variable, and by that damaging the others? This really isn't so effective.

You'd have to adjust for the enemies' armors, plus if your unit dies or just never gets the opportunity to attack then it'd create problems. If it's done voluntarily then a player could just stack 6 of the most damaging items in the game, attack the dummy, and then build normally while maxing out Immolation despite not having the combination of items that give the maximum damage.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
We'll just calculate the hero's damage it can do and damage units with a random amount based on those calculations.

Now, a hero's damage done is based on his primary stat, damage dices and bonus items such as claws.

Damage: (Base damage + Amount of Dice) -> (Base damage + (Amount of DicexNumber of Sides))

Save the units damage bonus gained from items and abilities in a real, we'll call it [Bonus Damage], only items like claws (bonus damage) not stats like boots of argility.
Afther that save the hero's main atribute (argility, strenght or int) in another real, include bonusses, we'll call it [Base Damage].

Now search the units 'Attack - number of dice' and 'Attack - Number per dice'.We'll save these two things in a real called [Attack - number of dice] and [Attack - Number per dice].

'Set [Total Damage] = (Random number between ((([Base Damage] + [Bonus Damage]) + [Attack - Number of Dice])) and (([Base Damage] + [Bonus Damage]) + ([Attack - number of dice] x [Attack - Number per dice])))'

Please keep in mind that this is all hand typed and I don't have a World Editor here at the moment.

Now if for example the hero has Command Aura increasing the total damage by 10% add something like:
'Set [Total Damage] = ([Total Damage] x 1.10)'.

I know this isn't exactly the amount of damage the hero would've done, but it's close enough I think. :p

Please let me know if this was unclear, haven't got much time to tpye a long story and I don't have World Editor with me here. These are just the calculations for damage.

If there's a lot of Auras and Items in the map, this method would be pretty tedious and not worth it for just a single Immolation, unless the thread OP wants to do that much work for a single Immolation.

vonahs

Reaction score
ok the spells also have spell lvls. exp if you turn a hero spell into a unit spell it still have 3 lvls how do you utlizes those spell levels for lets say a mage?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Please give more details. What do you mean utilize the levels for a mage? And if it's a different problem altogether, you should start a new thread instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.