Immortal Turret

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I am trying to get an immortal's turret to follow my mouse as seen at Blizzcon 2010 video here. I have no clue how this guy set this up.

I looked through all the triggers searching for "look" and "face" and there were some like "Make unit look at actor/point/unit" and "Make actor look at actor" but none of these worked. I tried making the unit face the mouse position, but that doesn't work as in my map you will be moving and aiming in different directions all the time.

Does anybody know how to make my immortal's turret look around?

None of the triggers that involve making a unit or actor 'look' at something are not working.
I have an invisible unit (which I made visible for testing to verify that he is moving with my cursor), but I don't know how to get the immortal to follow him.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think he made an attack with two plasma balls that goes forward until they hit something. Then they just tell the immortal to attack an invisible invulnerable unit. You could probably the disable the weapon by default and enable it when they user presses a key to fire.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
the problem is how do i get it to constantly aim where my mouse is? make it's attack invisible and have it attack an invisible unit?

Siretu

Reaction score
Something like this?:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • UI - Player Any Player moves mouse.
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Point((Mouse X position in the world), (Mouse Y position in the world))) (No Blend)

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The problem is when an immortal move it faces the direction it is moving and cannot attack. In the video not only is it NOT facing the direction it moves, but its body isn't rotating, which makes me think the body and turret are not the same unit.

Siretu

Reaction score
I think its the same principle as rotating only the siege tank turret. I saw that you asked this on sc2mapster. Go There and search for siege tank turret. I recall seeing a thread about that over there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.