In-game Buff Tooltips

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations, I have had this problem for a very long while(since I started the editor, pretty much,) and I've finally broke down and decided to ask what the dealio is. In-game buffs, the little icons you hover over at the bottom of a unit's info panel; they give you detailed information of what the buff does. Default buffs always have everything nice and neat, but when I make custom buffs, they tend to get cut-off when in-game. An example would be: In editor "This unit is Wrapped; it cannot move." In game "This unit is Wrapped; it ca".

That's just an example for the sake of understanding, it usually only occurs when the buff descriptions are longer(though still shorter than the defaults.) What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? How can I remedy this age-old problem? Please help!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well that's strange indeed. Screenshot please? If it's not too much to ask.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about that either, I used to think it had something to do with punctuation, since I've never seen a buff that gets cut mid-word.

TomTTT

Reaction score
seems pretty wierd... Maybe it's just like in the dialog - punctuation changes it between races?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
seems pretty wierd... Maybe it's just like in the dialog - punctuation changes it between races?

I don't think there's any point having different tooltips for different races, is there?

DioD

Reaction score
Just remove useless notes from tips, if unit cant move,

"CAN'T MOVE" - nothing more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.