In need of a friend

Weirdoze

Reaction score
Hi all of you who dare to read this!

So, I have been looking forward of making a map (since I got bored of CS and WoW). Yet I have no idea about what kind of a map I'm making, but was thinking about an RPG (or a survival with fishing hunting etc.) that can be discussed in future. I think that many of you have realized that making maps alone is boring, by the idea of my headline, I was looking for someone to make a map and becoming a "friend" (as friend as you can be through internet).

First something about me:

ABOUT ME
- I'm 16 years old
- I live in Finland (GMT +2)
- I can use 2~ with the map each day
- I have a good sense of humour
- I no speak english at all do no, me mom write this for me
- I was maybe kidding in the last line

And now a bit about you:

MUST:
- You must be able to speak English (Decently)
- You must have average map making skills (valid for doing everything in WE ex. Terrain, Triggers, Object editor)
- You must be able to spend atleast 1h~ a day

that's for the musts, let's keep going

THESE ARE GOOD:
- You can speak very good english
- You do not know JASS
- You can spend 2h~ a day with the map
- Age doesn't matter (well let's say +8 wouldn't be bad)

always somethings are forbidden

THE FORBIDDEN
- You can use computer once a week
- You never used world editor
- You must absolutely have no sense of HUMOUR at all!

Even tought the last is not the least, if you tought I really meant that you are really not qualified for this one! (qualified for what?!)

PS. If you read the whole thing, you understood that I'm serious, I spent almost 20 minutes writing this and making up some jokes you probably didn't even understand.

millz-

Reaction score
- You do not know JASS

Why is not knowing JASS good? :p

Anyways, I am working on a RPG map, is still far from completion but I have quite a few things in my map already. I could use a help of a partner if you're interested.

Weirdoze

Reaction score
Haha, sounds just great! JASS is not good because I don't know it. Do you have MSN, Steam or something similiar?

millz-

Reaction score
I am using JASS a lot, well at least more than 70% in my map. I do have MSN and Steam accounts, would prefer using MSN though.

Weirdoze

Reaction score
Well, it sucks a bit that you use so much of JASS because I really like making triggers with GUI and never tried to learn JASS :)

millz-

Reaction score
Actually, you can do in GUI if you want, as long as it works properly with no major problems. PM me your MSN and we can talk about it? :)

lummerlars

Reaction score
Hi, im looking someone to. Thought about the same thing, making an RPG. But no one wants to make an RPG.
I can player more than 1 hour everyday. Btw. i live in Denmark, but im good at english. Im good at WE, and have done that for a long time now. Best at triggers.
Please tell me if you want to know more about me? im 15-16 years old.
Just tell me if you can use me.

Weirdoze

Reaction score
Hi, im looking someone to. Thought about the same thing, making an RPG. But no one wants to make an RPG.
I can player more than 1 hour everyday. Btw. i live in Denmark, but im good at english. Im good at WE, and have done that for a long time now. Best at triggers.
Please tell me if you want to know more about me? im 15-16 years old.
Just tell me if you can use me.
PMed you :)

jomik

Reaction score
Omg lummerlars :p You're 15-16 years old? :O You don't know your own age? :D

- I'm up for making an rpg too, and can use a pretty amount of time each day, depending on my school though. Sometimes 1-2 hours, sometimes none at all. Sometimes like, 5 hours if I'm bored :D
I have msn :O
I'm 16 years, live in Denmark, and I can say sineaulet paska or something in finnish :O :p

I'm good with Object Editor.
I script in vJASS, but know GUI.
I'm not that good with terrain making :S
And my english sucks like shit :O

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My name is Tool.Tip.Error.

I spend lots of time on the computer, I can accomplish lots in GUI, and I like to Terrain. I wish I had a Terrain Sample for you, but, oh well.

My only real accomplishments in the community is a Tutorial on Dialog Boxes, which is still being edited, and needs work on array explanations, but, I'm getting there.

Would this be an RPG Campaign, or an ORPG?

millz-

Reaction score
Actually, Karri, if you count me in for your "team", I could help somewhere, more or less, I guess :)

Lupo

Reaction score
I'd definatly be down I don't know any Jass either =( but I spend lots of time playing after school until I get some snow for skiing =) I'm 17 and would like having some people to make a good map with there fun!

bryanEX1993

Reaction score
Hi, anybody interested in making an RPG game. For example like Maplestory, Runescape? Could use with a partner though haha

Sartan

Reaction score
guess i could help, pm if you want
can terrain
use gui pretty good
basic jass
can spend around 4h a day
etc etc

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Why is not knowing JASS good? :p

Because not trying to learn new things is cool. I would advise you first to learn Jass. Your code will be faster, shorter, mightier and more dynamically then in GUI. And it won't be fun to realise in a few weeks or months that your map lags and leaks ( GUI doesn't leak coercive but you can easily forget sth. ) and that you have to recode 90% of your map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.