in search of a book.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Apostle O said:
Damn... I am on the last book in the Foundation series and now you tell me. Sheesh. Oh well.

No, I meant like after the Foundation Series. I never read them. It'd be really cool if you could read Ender's Game after it and tell me if you could find any of Asimov's influence in the book.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
king tongoll said:
but i cant find any good book.... man this sucks, maybe there isnt one out...

Umm, at least ten have been suggested in this thread, along with authors who tend to write good books. You'll never know if a book is good until you read it. :p

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
king tongoll said:
I reacintly bacame athiest, havnt told many, but allot know i think god is doing one lousy job, and i wouldnt feel good in heaven anyways, it seems too... happy, too perfect.

at least in hell i get trained too fight more. i mean torture has too raise your endurence.

"God is doing a lousy job" is beause God created free will for people to blast the Bejeesus out of each other. Also, since we're talking about books, read Dante's Devine Comedy. All three. Choose a good translation version, as well. Sometimes you can't understand what the books are trying to say because of a bad translation.

Heaven isn't about being perfect. It's about being Content. Which leads up to another good book. The Bible (trust me about it) Read that, too.

Hell isn't necessary tourchure, anyways. Imagine your worst feer, and being constantly around it. It is total dispair with no end.

Oh, please don't start a religous argument, otherwise this thread will be closed :)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
While we're on the subject, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" is a good book about heaven.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
yea, i gues your right, and i wont start a war over gods. and i take back my words of him being lousy at his job, due too how offensive they are. but please dont try too convert me.

anyways, i have realized i read a ton of fantasy, i just didnt realize it.

i read a ton of fantasy MANGAS. if anyone wants too know anything about a good manga etc ask. i know a couple good ones.

and im gana try that book, "Shanarra"

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
Terry Brooks? He's a good author in general :) don't stop at just one of his books, they're all worth reading.

Oh, a title that I just remember is the Silver Wolf by Anne Borchard. It's a werewolf book with a little spin on it, but it's worth reading, I think that I've read it two or three times by now, and I still like it. :)

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Try the "Redwall" series. It isn't just on sided, letting you in on what everyone is thinking and also has lots of millitary tactics in some of the series books such as "Salamandastron".

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Ever tried some of the Warhammer 40K books? Futuristic and all, but with loads of action... and Mechs ;).

You could also try Lee Child, Tom Clancy type books.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Dune books FTW! I read the first 6 like 4 or 5 times each <3

About the Foundation, I read just 2 of them (I think) and, from Ender's I read a story in a magazine, bu I can't remember how it was called, but it was really good, nevertheless...

Asimov's writings are really good, IMO, he has a really interesting style. You could search for "The dreams are sacred' (I think it's called so, I translated from romanian). It's a book that contains multiple small stories. This book is kinda small, but I loved it, I reread it a couple of times.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
The Silmarilion is good, but starts out a little slow.
The Warcraft Novels, especially the three of the series "War of the Ancients"
Fits your description besides the fact that it isn't modern, and it is a little fantasy but there is so much other stuff packed into it that there isn't too much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.