income message

wassat676

Reaction score
I have a hero line war game and i just got the income set up (finallly) but i still need to let each player know their own specific income every ten seconds, how wud i go about doing this, i tried text message but there is no string 2 value for my income array

wassat676

Reaction score
Code:
Income Addition
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn1 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn2 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn3 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn4 <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
    Actions
        Set Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + (Point-value of (Triggering unit)))
This does the math for the income.
Code:
Adds Gold
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Add Income[1] to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[2] to Player 2 (Blue) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[3] to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[4] to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[5] to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[6] to Player 6 (Orange) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[7] to Player 7 (Green) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[8] to Player 8 (Pink) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[9] to Player 9 (Gray) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[10] to Player 10 (Light Blue) Current gold
This adds the value of the income variable arrays to the current gold of the player

wassat676

Reaction score
the person who helped me with this told me it might have memory leaks, if ur a big baller and u know how to fix it can u tell me?

wassat676

Reaction score
Code:
Display Income
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: (Your Income:  + (String(Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])))
Is this what you mean, will that work? Im too lazy to test my map, and its too big a file for me to load at the moment

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
You don't have to make it a seperate trigger from your income one, make it all one trigger. -1 trigger, -download time. :)

M

Mini-Me

wassat676 said:
will that work? Im too lazy to test my map
I see that you have many threads started where you ask the simplest things. If you are too lazy to test your own map, then why do you bother doing it? You will propably also be too lazy to play it, and without testing your map will have huge amount of bugs so nobody else will play it either. Stop wasting your own and everybody elses time by just quitting now.

wassat676

Reaction score
uh yeah, first of all just didnt feel like testing it at the second, not a big deal, second of all, who are u, u just posted this to insult me, what a waste of YOUR time, third, i was new to the WE when i posted simple things because i didnt know, its thanks to people on this forum that helped me to understand the editor as i do now, fourth, i hope a GM sees this because that remark there will get u -rep. and last of all, suck my balls! :eek: This was the best 100th post ever!

M

Mini-Me

wassat676 said:
u just posted this to insult me
Insult you? No, that was not my intension. My intension was to make you understand the importance of testing your own map, learning by trial and error and not asking every question at the forums.

wassat676 said:
i hope a GM sees this because that remark there will get u -rep. and last of all, suck my balls!
You better hope that a mod doesnt see what goes on in here. I wonder who gets the -rep, the guy who tryied to encourage another guy to test his own map (harsh maybe) or the guy who said to another guy to suck his balls... :rolleyes:

Dont know about the mods, but you are getting bad rep from me for this childish out burst.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Off Topic!

Mini-Me said:
I see that you have many threads started where you ask the simplest things. If you are too lazy to test your own map, then why do you bother doing it? You will propably also be too lazy to play it, and without testing your map will have huge amount of bugs so nobody else will play it either. Stop wasting your own and everybody elses time by just quitting now.
You better hope that a mod doesnt see what goes on in here. I wonder who gets the -rep, the guy who tryied to encourage another guy to test his own map (harsh maybe) or the guy who said to another guy to ....(edited for the sake of children :))

Dont know about the mods, but you are getting bad rep from me for this childish out burst.
If that is your idea of encourgement, you got something in common with my dad... Old geezer.

dashival

Reaction score
Code:
 - Events
Every 10 Seconds

- Actions
For Integer A 1 to 10, do Actions:
  Add Income[Integer A] to (Player (Integer A))'s current gold
Game - Display to (Player 1 (Didgeridoo)) the text: ("Your income: " + Income[1])
Game - Display to (Player 2 (Chocolate)) the text: ("Your income: " + Income[2])
You have to make a separate action for each player. It's not that difficult! :p

PS: Oh, and that first action is an easier way to do what you are doing to add the income. Just make sure you find the right actions and stuff. :)

PPS: And, stop fighting, you two. =\

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.