Income or Harvest? You Decide

Income Vs Gathering

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
As I am waiting for ban-lord I'm making this map so I can keep myself busy. Its a sort of civilization game only not. You start with a man and you build a log hut, the log hut contains various upgrades, ranging from farming to hunting. Then once you get hunting you can upgrade farming, and build hunters tents. I also have a food system by me, where every 60 seconds all farms and crops produce food while humans eat it. And if a person hasn't eaten and there isnt enough food, he dies. As you advance you can reach space stage, and you can travel to different planets. Everyone starts on a random planet, and if two people are on one planet then its best if you ally.

But enough about the game, would you rather have like 5 income every 15 seconds, or have men gather their resources? I'm leaning towards income, but its your choice.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
You should have put an option of 'both' :p.

I am thinking of a voting system at the beginning or game mode. And that because gathering would make the players concentrate more at micromanagement and strategy, while income would make players concentrate more on battling and make the game maybe faster.

takethat

Reaction score
if the map is epic, periodic income i better as harvester means more unit and may cause lag.

sounds like spore

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Income, I hate the strain of having to build loads of workers to mine.

Sounds especially like spore

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Lol except for the part that you just start out in like the tribal stage :p Yes i have spore :D

>Smith_S9 I like the idea of an option, i might go with that. But it seems more people are pushing towards income.

>takethat The map is going to be very very big. Bigger than 256x256. Also there is going to be at least 8 planets.

>HydraRancher lol ok.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd push towards income too, but I'm a lazy bum that likes games to be short :p. Some people are actually more tedious and like to stress their brains and skills. That's why I suggested an optional system.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Lol this game is not going to be short.. Its going to be quite a long time from start to space.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
i think that you should do something like that if you create mines and lumber mills, a mine can contain 10 workers and then your income depends on how much income you get every 15th second, and then lumber mills wich also can contain 10 workers and then your lumber income also depends on the amount of workers in your lumber mill...

hope that you understand... if you dont, then tell me and i'll try to explain a bit clearlier...

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
No that wouldnt work in my type of game, the game kinda starts out in the dark ages, so there isnt lumber mills, or mines. So far I think income is it. Later on I may add new game modes.

warden13

Reaction score
Lots of map have both gathering and income systems. Maybe you should think something unique. For example depending on what age are you in, you can start with mining, then wooding, then making trade routes, collectiong taxes, oil raffineries, fishing, tourism etc. Dont forget these are just examples. I think you can find more creative things. Good luck with your map.

Vaius

Reaction score
I would like to see an option at the beginning of the game, but with the current options (Income, Gather, or Stop making the map) Income is what I would choose.

If I could suggest something, you could possibly set up a system where there are gold mines scattered across the map, and you can "capture" one to increase how much gold you get each time income arrives. Then, you could send in miners to harvest additional gold and bring it to your main building/resource collecting building, further increasing your gold-making rate, without actually increasing your income level. Same thing with wood, except instead of gold mines you could make them abandoned lumber mills.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well the game is Dawn of Man, so there wouldn't be any lumber mills, but i love the capture gold mine idea! +rep for you =)

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
you could make an income system based on how well fed your people are, the more food you have per person, the harder they work and income increases.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
mm I like the idea but gui is hard to do heavy math with (not that its very heavy at all.) but that would be a better system for jass. Which im still learning and havent gotten quite used to yet..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.