increasing lumber capacity percentage?

bumbaclo

Reaction score
As stated above, I know how to increase a harvester's lumber carrying capacity by an absolute value through the human lumber upgrade, but is there a way to increase a harvester's lumber carrying capacity by a percentage?

canons200

Reaction score
Impossible.

well, make it another way round, Possible BUT never and never appear in warcraft 3 (by object editor)

but i think you can achieve it by trigger, by storing the value, when the unit get the lumber, add futher lumber to player and show it as floating text.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
by storing the value

how?

when the unit get the lumber

when will you know? Is there an event trigger like that?

add futher lumber to player

You don't know the number of lumbers harvested. Harvested lumbers can be returned even though it's not in full.

show it as floating text.

Will spawn like +5 + 5? Since returning lumber will also spawn text and you will add another. Is there even a trigger to detect if the harvester has returned the lumbers?

canons200

Reaction score
how?

when will you know? Is there an event trigger like that?

You don't know the number of lumbers harvested. Harvested lumbers can be returned even though it's not in full.

Will spawn like +5 + 5? Since returning lumber will also spawn text and you will add another. Is there even a trigger to detect if the harvester has returned the lumbers?

Text order string - use/turn on harvest?
i ONLY say i think, i NEVER say sure can

as for number of lumber harvested, example the default is 5 lumbesr, then set variable 5. And via trigger change it.

again, i THINK you can achieve it via trigger. We must know, Warcraft 3 don't have perfect system. Thay why jass is there, include vjass, newgen etc. but still Warcraft 3 is not a perfect system by himself.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
as for number of lumber harvested, example the default is 5 lumbesr, then set variable 5. And via trigger change it.

But, if one of the harvester already returned the lumber, you will get higher. ex

max lumber capacity is 50, everyhit will gain 10, if I return the harvester in only 3 hits, it will return 30, but in your var you have 50.

canons200

Reaction score
hmm, i remember i read people post that there is an action that allow you to damage 1 time tree and get full amout of wood, does it exist?

NuQ

Reaction score
Impossible and Not really feasible since a lumber amount has to be a whole number... so, Couldn't you just do the math as it upgrades and round to the nearest whole number?

Level 1 capacity is 10
Level 2 capacity is say, +30% of level 1 capacity, so 10+3 = 13
Level 3 capacity is +30% of level 2 capacity so 13+4(rounded up from 3.9) = 17.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Impossible and Not really feasible since a lumber amount has to be a whole number... so, Couldn't you just do the math as it upgrades and round to the nearest whole number?

Level 1 capacity is 10
Level 2 capacity is say, +30% of level 1 capacity, so 10+3 = 13
Level 3 capacity is +30% of level 2 capacity so 13+4(rounded up from 3.9) = 17.
This is your best shot. You can apply an ability level upgrade.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
This is your best shot. You can apply an ability level upgrade.

Yes, perhaps I'll do a variant of that. The reason I wanted a percentage-based upgrade is because I want the upgrade to affect more than 1 type of unit, of which the units have different lumber capacities. So if I were to make it just increase by, say, 5, then one unit would have a significant increase while the other would barely be affected.

NuQ

Reaction score
You could make several copies of the upgrade, each one applied to each individual unit with their respective ratios, then use a trigger that upgrades all of them each time the base upgrade is completed...

like so...
Trigger:
  • Upgrades
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Improved Lumber Harvesting
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Lumber Harvesting(unit 1) to 1 for (Owner of (Researching unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Lumber Harvesting(unit 2) to 1 for (Owner of (Researching unit))
      • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Lumber Harvesting(unit 3) to 1 for (Owner of (Researching unit))

or something along those lines... a bit time consuming but i think it would be your best bet.

canons200

Reaction score
Yes, perhaps I'll do a variant of that. The reason I wanted a percentage-based upgrade is because I want the upgrade to affect more than 1 type of unit, of which the units have different lumber capacities. So if I were to make it just increase by, say, 5, then one unit would have a significant increase while the other would barely be affected.

that is easy, make lot of different upgrade of improved lumber harvest. So each different units use different upgrade.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
An upgrade can hold 4 ability level upgrades on its own (meaning it can upgrade up to 4 different types of lumber harvesting abilities at a time). If that's not enough, you can apply more upgrades with a trigger like the posters above suggested. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.