Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Infiltration

Plot:
Infiltration is a Hero based map in which there are 2 teams. The first team, the Guards, are the royal king's guards, and must protect him at all costs. They have many advantages, in that they have the protection of the huge castle, and many of the king's guards. Their disadvantages are that the King doesn't like being confined to so much protection all the time, and he will not tolerate having one around him all the time. He enjoys walking around his town, and he does many things. This means that he is very vulnerable, and is easily taken down. The second team, the Assassins, are rebels that hate the king enough to take him down. They are specialized into getting into the castle, taking out the guards, taking out the king, and remaining unseen. Their advantages are the king's outgoing sense, and their own skill and abilities, but these help to outweigh their few disadvantages.

Teams:

Guards -
Objectives:

The objectives of the guards is to protect the King until either the Assassins are all captured, or until time is up.
Advantages:
The advantages of the Guards are:
-Protection of the Castle
-King has his own men
-Excellent Training Equipment
Disadvantages:
The disadvantages of the Guards are:
-The King's Outgoingness
-Huge Castle (All entries cannot be guarded at one time)

Assassins -
Objectives:

The objectives of the Assassins is to kill the King before time is up, and avoid being captured.
Advantages:
The advantages of the Assassins are:
-Large Castle with a lot of entry points
-Outgoing King
-Abilities
Disadvantages:
The disadvantages of the Assassins are:
-Creeps give less exp than Training Equipment
-No Protection
-The King is wandering, and hard to find sometimes

Sign-Up
Current Project Contributors
-Mullit
-Rinpun
-corvusHaunt
-Geelottaja
-2-P
-Darthfett

Hero Creators
-Rinpun
-Darthfett

Terrainers
-2-P
-Darthfett

Item Creators
-Darthfett

Triggerers
-Darthfett

Unit Creators
-Darthfett
-Rinpun
-Kadgar

Graphics
-corvusHaunt - Ultra Commander Pwnage Title (Requested by corvusHaunt)

Comment: Pics will be added later, don't worry. :)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
smurfssmurfagramgreengetwellso.jpg

I'd wait anyway a few days, TH and Ryoko are still trying to restore everything.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
ROFL nice pic 2-P :D

That's a shame Darthfett. Well, I just passed all my tests I had to take this school year and the only thing I have to work on for now is programming. Thus, when you are ready to work on the project, I'll be ready to help :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Well i'm feeling a little better, so I am going to be working on it a little bit at a time. I'm going to begin with the basic stuff, so we can get it working. :) I'll be getting some of those ideas we had before implemented, too.

Thanks, 2-P :)

E

Evervoid

Yo ,I 'm not sure if this is the right account name but I just wanted to say i was an Item creatore and the guy from the civilization map. I can't belive my account got erased =[. well hopfully they will be able to get all our stuff back.. anyway I just wanted to say... I'll still help. and if anyone needs more help you can post the map and stuff at my site ( www.evervoid.com ) I have it for map makers and some clans for w3. well c ya

2-P

Reaction score
So, do you want to give us a general overview about the current project status someday? :p

Darthfett

Reaction score
2-P said:
So, do you want to give us a general overview about the current project status someday? :p

Heh sorry. :eek:

It's currently only getting a tiny bit of work done, since I am the only one working on it. Apparently everyone that was supposed to be working on the heroes, triggers, and all of the other stuff decided not to work at all, since none of them would respond, with what, or how much they did. So we are going to have to start fresh with new people (except the ones that did work. :eek: )

That means resigning up for roles. Also, I won't be able to add anyone to the project list of working until they send in some work (2-P, and Rinpun, you already did send in work, so you're automatically on the list).

As for the project...

I created the naga building, and the basic workers for it, but I still have yet to add all the stuff I was planning on, like the extra buildings that create the hero, and a lot of the upgrades.

I did add a few of the basics, like the upgrade that will be used to determine the guards, and number/strength of them, the random event timer (which now can open/close the front gates, which are now invulnerable).

I will now be rebuilding the first post to make it look cool. :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alright :)

I had a few more ideas (you think a lot when you're at home all day programming for your dad with all your education for the year done :D), so I may as well implement them and see if I can send you some more heroes and units and stuff.

Darthfett

Reaction score
>units

That means you're going to be working on units too? Do you want to be added to the list?

Well it's good to hear you'll be able to work some more again. :)

Also, just an update: The First page is almost finished, I just need to add the screenshots, when I get home. :eek:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Sure :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Right now, we're going to need a few people very good with the trigger editor. Mostly to design systems, and such, in case we have certain things, like maybe creating a town system.

Just a question, to figure out if something is possible...

Is it possible to share control of one single unit, and not all of one player's units? This would be really helpful, without sharing an entire player's units, especially for certain systems that I have in mind.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Maybe, if you did a simple trigger, like
Code:
ChangeOwner
    Events
        Player -  <your player> a unit
        Player - <your player>  Selects a unit
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to (Unit)
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to (Triggering player) and  Don't/Change color

That just switches ownership when you click it, kinda like shared ownership...

And I'd like to help.

K

KeeperofKeys

Pardon my interruption...

I hate to interrupt, but please make a tester recruitment thread when you get around to testing this. It sounds very similar to an idea I had once, but never actually did. I would love to test the map, so please don't forget! Keep up the good work.

Suggestion: Traps! Cool traps for both sides! Just be sure to make a way to detect them so everyone doesn't get blown up.

Quote of the day: "It's not easy being greeeennnn!"
-A Grunt

2-P

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
OK, I added you, and I'm going to be working on the terrain for the outside of the castle today. :)
Don't forget to make the trees large. ^^
I can continue in a week or so if you want to. :)

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would love seeing this be like one of those old GameBoy Colour Zelda games. ;) The guards walk back and forth, and if you walk straight in front of them, they say "HEY" and you have to start over. :D

Darthfett

Reaction score
>corvusHaunt

Yeah I had that Idea, but what If two players had him selected, and I'd just like it to be able to have all the normal features.

>KeeperofKeys

Thanks for the thread. :) We did have a few of the trap ideas before, but since they're gone, I guess we will need some again. This time i'm writing it down, though.

>Don't forget to make the trees large. ^^
:(

That's so annoying to fix, but ok.

>I can continue in a week or so if you want to. :)

That would be great! Will you be working on the inside or outside of the castle?

>Rabarber

That's sort of the idea behind the guards, but it will be a little different, and harder than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.