Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I can't do models, sorry. I'll help you with anything else art related though. 2D art is my specialty when it comes to WC3.

Well I don't have anything right now. We might need a loading screen or minimap preview later, but I don't have any ideas for one now.

Well since i'm still having trouble on that topic, I can't work much more on the ability. Instead, i've started working on a guard patrolling system. It will basically be a group of regions placed at certain points in which the guard will stand idle for some time, and then they will go to a new guarding location that's in the same vicinity as the one they're currently at. The guarding areas are:
The Walls
The City
and The Castle.

The walls will have many many guards posted, so there will be many of them at each location, as well as a good amount moving around the walls.

The City will have not quite as many guards, but still enough to keep it guarded. There will be more of the idle regions in the high-class parts of the city than in the middle and lower classes, so that there will generally be more in the higher class areas. This will make it harder to steal money and do jobs in the high class areas, to make it fair for how much income you will get.

The castle is mostly a millitary training area, and so although many units are not guards, there are always aggressive units to block the way. The Throne room however always has guards, and will have its own sub patrol area.

What do you think of it? :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Well right now it's slowing close to a stop. It doesn't seem like anyone's working on it right now (correct me if i'm wrong). Evan1993 did add the climb walls ability to an actionbook, so i'll be sending you guys the newest version soon. (There are a few glitches in it that i'll have to work with Evan on).

I got discouraged with the underspider, since both of the ways I was going to make her do the ability just stopped working completely. (The Jump code I was working on fell apart and I couldn't get it to work, and I couldn't get it to create a seperate unit without the hassle of doing a triggered 'replace' code).

I've also been playing WoW a lot more... :p

I'm thinking that we might need some more people to help. So anyone that wants to help with the project, and knows what they're doing, go ahead and post here.

And we need some way to increase the amount of interest in the project... maybe releasing what we have done so far to the public to view?

Please, post what you think! :)

Reaction score
Perhaps you should publish a quite playable version here for public testing. That could bring some more interest to this project. Also, if you choose to bring up a test, make sure to annoynce it in more places than just this thread.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to obtain the latest copy? Every time I get a copy it seems to be a step below most recent, and then when I fix some of the bugs and hand it back to everyone, those bug fixes are ignored and don't make it on the next release.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting, very interesting project, it shines among others.
I would also like to get the latest release as well, I can wait for the author Darthfett to make his post.
My view of this project:
1.Has great triggerwork and overall interface.
2.Has multiple addicting points which really interest me.
3.It is very realistic.

That's it. 10/10.

~Have a nice and comfortable day.

I

IndianSummer

I'm thinking that we might need some more people to help. So anyone that wants to help with the project, and knows what they're doing, go ahead and post here.

I like the map idea and could help terraining/decorating the environment or help with some triggers and balance and whatever.
Not sure if I have much time this and next week, but I could improve some things here and there :)

I

IKilledKEnny

Is there anyway I could get ANY release of the project? Just found out about it, looks nice. :) Also I would be happy to help but I doubt highly if you need me, I'm pretty new to programming, I might be able to do simple things though, that you great noble people don't want to bother yourself with. :p

H

hey its X

DAMN this game still isnt done? how long has it been...6 months?

Darthfett

Reaction score
So?

Whatever, Darthfett has sold his soul to WoW AFAIK, so... yeah. :p

Hey! Who told you? :p

Now for an explanation... :(

I sold my soul to WoW. :eek:

I have about 3-4 versions of the map sitting in the folder which I have to merge before I can send to anyone, and the map isn't even close to playable, since much of the game is triggering. You'd just be sitting there with a hero testing abilities pretty much. I WANT to go home now and upload the map, but I don't know if i'll be able to, since I have jobs to do around the house... lots of them.

I've also gotten a little tired of the slowness and buginess of WE... and always having to refix my code over and over again in JASS G2G! :p

Darthfett

Reaction score
Well I found that I didn't have any to merge together (Strange... :confused: ) so I'm just going to post the link here.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=62892

I think i've finished the Underspider, using a modified Blizzard ability instead of the Jumping one. (It's similar to thorns aura, but it also decreases her damage taken). I'm just going to be testing that.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Um, why is it called (6)StranglethornVale.w3x ...? :nuts:

As far as I can tell its not any newer then Infiltration_v1R-1.w3x Maybe older even...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.