Infinite Guard Distance for Player Units?

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
I'm working on a dungeon for my campaign, and would like to have units chase the hero indefinitely once they aggro.
I've set the Creep guard distance and return times to max in gameplay constants and found that they only work with neutral hostile units.
This doesn't work for me, as I still want the units to give XP above level 6, so I've made all the enemies belong to Player 2.

So the question is, is there any way to make a player unit chase indefinitely, or am I stuck?

I could make my boss units neutral hostile and trigger their xp upon death, but I'd rather do something global through gameplay constants or somesuch.

~neckface

Dirac

Reaction score
Well thats odd. However if you order an unit to "smart" or "attack" another unit it will not stop, maybe some triggering would do the trick :)

Event - Unit is attacked
Condition - Unit belongs to Player 2
Actions - Order attacked to "attack" attacker

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
hmm, suppose i could try that. whats the difference again between attack and smart?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
A "smart" order is a right-click. An "attack" order is a manual A-click or Sword-Click.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i believe that 1 will chase into fog of war and the other wont would be the difference in how they react to the game

you could just give the the computer player with the units you want to chase the hero vision of the entire map and order all units owned by that player to attack the hero, then would be forced to keep chasing until he died, but they wouldnt return to their original position unless you saved that in a hashtable or something

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.