Defense Inflicted Defence

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I noticed that Burning Vengeance is quite powerful early game. Do you think it is too powerful and needs a nerf? Or is just very useful.
Admittedly the damage is high, but it comes at the cost of being close to creeps and thus vulnerable to large amounts of damage.

I intentionally gave high mana costs so that those Mana Upgrades could be purchased. Especially the mana regeneration, this works quite well.
Agreed. But Blood Shield's lack of spammability means 1 level of regeneration is plenty enough.

Some of the bosses will be receiving nerfs, or atleast have less power in Single Player, they are much easily killed with a team.
Teamwork would definitely make it easier, but do you intend several players to die before the boss is killed, or have the first player take everything and distribute the bounty?

Thanks, where is this error? I'm looking for it. Will update it as soon as I have found it.
It's in the Learn tooltip.

About the summons, if I do decide to add Innate abilities or Upper Ultimates then I shall add a Summon ability for the Mage.
The mage also lacks a good spell against bosses; his strength lies in moderate damage being dealt in a large area, not focused towards a target. Another point of strategy and synergy with other players. Maybe an attack-silence, if you intend to give future bosses spells?

Because if the Owl dies, then the healing regeneration is gone.
That's part of the strategy - you can use the Owl to lead creeps away from you, thereby keeping you safe for a bit longer, or risk overestimating the Owl's lifetime and end up taking fatal damage.

Major tooltip error: Most of the upgrades mention "futher".

Did you use A unit Is attacked for Pulverize? It seems to be abusable via spamming of the Stop button.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Teamwork would definitely make it easier, but do you intend several players to die before the boss is killed, or have the first player take everything and distribute the bounty?
Currently if the boss is killed all players receive a large bounty, 50 or 100 depending on the boss. However killing the boss itself gives the killer 30 or 50 extra gold. That way if one player deals all the damage to the boss and dies, the next player doesn't get all of the bonus and it feels abit more fair.

It's in the Learn tooltip.
"Calls apon the Reaper known as Death to extend his fingers and shorten their lifespan. This affect deals 4/12/20/28/36 + 1.75x Ability Power. Each level of this ability significantly increases the area.|n|nMana Cost: 6|nCooldown: 3 seconds"
Where?

The mage also lacks a good spell against bosses; his strength lies in moderate damage being dealt in a large area, not focused towards a target. Another point of strategy and synergy with other players. Maybe an attack-silence, if you intend to give future bosses spells?
Perhaps the Fingers of Death could silence too. I'll see as the map progresses.

That's part of the strategy - you can use the Owl to lead creeps away from you, thereby keeping you safe for a bit longer, or risk overestimating the Owl's lifetime and end up taking fatal damage.
I will look into this for the following version, 0.6 is almost complete.

Major tooltip error: Most of the upgrades mention "futher".
Changed. Now indicates "Increases..." on first level and after it says "Further increases..."

Did you use A unit Is attacked for Pulverize? It seems to be abusable via spamming of the Stop button.
Yes, I did. I shall use a GDD in the following version.

Thanks. Will release 0.6 sometime today.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Version 0.6 Released!

Mage's Burning Vengence now requires level 2.
Added Hit Points restored on Kills system
Changed Abilities
Changed Waves
Fixed Bugs
Added Shaman

Look at the posts above for information on the changes that were focused apon.
Look in the Opening Post for the download link!

OR
Download it here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/204262/

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I hate being six hours ahead of you. There's so much potential in the new version alone.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Check the new version and give feedback please :)

Also, about that pulverize. I was wondering if maybe I should add a higher chance and maybe like a 2 second cooldown?
Just an idea, let me know your thoughts on that.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. As of know it rarely procs, but when it does, it comes in a rush and is less helpful. Basically now you spam attack speed bonuses and just leave him to tank.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Version 0.6

1.)Final boss doesn't give a victory screen when killed.
2.)I didn't have time to check out the final bosses HP, but with the mage I killed it after casting all my spells. This took around 5 seconds, so something tells me his hp is much lower than intended, or mage is just op now
3.)Mage is really powerful now, while I like the idea of the spell that automatically casts around you, it is incredibly powerful. Especially later levels when you have decent ability points and lots of hp. Every late level I would just do the ulti move, FoD, Blood Shield, then FoD again. That is enough to clear every level without taking much damage
4.) I died once and lost 5 lives with the mage.
5.) On singleplayer, bosses only give kill bounty, they don't give the massive 80 gold or so Team bounty. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Will update as I play more. Still a fantastic map

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Many thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Will address your points shortly.
I have an exam tomorrow and then a long break. Will have fixed bugs and release 0.7 within the next 2 or 3 days.
Look out for a new Tempest Hero.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Alrighty. I've tested it through on Solo with Mage and unlike before I was able to complete it.
The addition of the Hit Points Regeneration on Blood Shield is extremely useful and perhaps overpowered. However it does make him much more durable with it scaling off of Ability Power. I need to either nerf the Cooldown, Shield->Ability Power ratio or Armor granted.
Likewise I find with the Ultimate available at level 10 there is just too much spamming and the Passive deals too much damage, I think I may increase the cooldown and maybe increase the damage to not make it useless.
Give any other thoughts or suggestions on the Mage.

1.)Final boss doesn't give a victory screen when killed.
Yeah, that's a weird one. I think it only worked in MultiPlayer. Anyways I shall fix that, but am thinking of maybe adding another 10 waves.

2.)I didn't have time to check out the final bosses HP, but with the mage I killed it after casting all my spells. This took around 5 seconds, so something tells me his hp is much lower than intended, or mage is just op now
Besides the Mage being much more useful now, it shouldn't do that much damage. On SinglePlayer when i was recreating the units for easier bosses for just one, I accidently made the boss HP 200 instead of 2000. It will be fixed soon.

3.)Mage is really powerful now, while I like the idea of the spell that automatically casts around you, it is incredibly powerful. Especially later levels when you have decent ability points and lots of hp. Every late level I would just do the ulti move, FoD, Blood Shield, then FoD again. That is enough to clear every level without taking much damage
I agree, I need to increase some of the cooldowns. That ultimate having a 20 second cooldown is just too often. Shall be undergoing some changes.

4.) I died once and lost 5 lives with the mage.
This should change with the upcoming Mage changes.

5.) On singleplayer, bosses only give kill bounty, they don't give the massive 80 gold or so Team bounty. Not sure if this is intended or not.
Yeah this only occurred on the Level 20 and 30 Bosses. [del]I'm working on fixing it.[/del] Fixed.

Will update as I play more. Still a fantastic map
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Current List of Changes for 0.7:

-> Level 40 Boss Single Player HP fixed to 2000 (from bugged 200)
-> Fixed Mana Regeneration Upgrades Hotkey to F
-> Level 20 Void Walker's Damage Changed to 61-62 (from 81-82) in MultiPlayer and 30-31 (from 35-36)
-> Level 20, 30 and 40 Bosses death functions now work correctly for Single Player. (Due to them being separate easier units, they were not proc'ing the old triggers, this is now updated)
-> Mage's Blood Shield now lasts 5 seconds (from 4) but has an increased cooldown of 8 (from 6). This is to reduce spammability for Burning Vengence.
-> Barricade collision size increased slightly
-> Armor Upgrade Added - +1 Armor per level, 20 Gold, 10 levels (Should this be 15 or 25? Comment below)
-> Shaman's Soul Draining Magic now shows a buff on all allies
-> Paladin's Pulverize remade to have a 2 seconds cooldown but an increased chance to 22/26/30/34/38% (from 8/10/12/14/16%) and is now procs off of damage instead of invalid attack events. (No longer abusable)
-> Paladin's Divine Shield doesn't heal as much now only heals 4x Ability Power (from 6x) but shield duration increased to 8/10 (from 6/8)
-> Paladin's Shield of Might now restores 20% of his maximum hit points if it deals a killing blow
-> Rescaled Abilities
-> Shaman Claws additional damage increased to 12/22/32/42/52 (from 6/10/14/18/22)
-> Bosses now grant gold differently in Single Player. Kills are no longer announced, as you already know who the killer is. Gold is granted as 30/50/80 and final Boss Grants Victory.
-> MultiBoard's Icon now turns to an Ankh while the player is dead (Both Single Player and Multi Player)
-> While dead, MultiBoard now indicates time till revival in Deaths column in Red.

---

I know the Shaman is Support and probably the least appropriate for Single Player.
But anyone test him yet? Please give feedback when able.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Don't have time for an in depth review of Shaman, but in a quick play through I found a few things
Shaman is basically how melee was in earlier versions.
You stand in a corner and pound away at the creeps. You need ability points to deal any damage whatsoever, but you have no splash, so you need area damage which becomes fairly useless very fast unless you constantly pump points into, which you can't afford since you need ability points.
Maybe have a cleave like ability to provide some splash damage, or give the shaman a damage boost at the start or something.
I realize he is a support hero and I played in singleplayer, so take this with a grain of salt, cause it can play out much differently in multiplayer

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback.
Perhaps I should give that ability Shaman Claws 3 Splashed hits instead and scale better off of something else.
I'l think it through, thanks again.

Most bugs are fixed and alot of changes have been done.
Any last moment requests before 0.7 is released?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I started going on battle.net again
Username is Jaujarahje
So just message me anytime you want to play and I'll help test with you

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Shaman's claws bug out sometimes - the buff disappears a lot after I kill a creep, regardless of how many attacks took place before (often immediately after casting). Would it be overpowered if the bonus was the same but lasted for [Ability Power] attacks?

I know the Shaman is meant for support, but I managed to solo pretty well with him.
1). Upgrades: Focus on Damage, occasionally Attack Speed, 2-4 levels of Regeneration to tide you over. Since the Shaman hardly needs mana, a level of MP is sufficient. Don't bother wasting gold on MP regen; that's 15 more damage per attack if you put it into damage instead. Damage/AS ratio should be about 2:1.

2). Abilities: Focus on Pure Visions. Take a level or two of Shaman Claws, then alternate PV with SDM to keep you alive against creeps.

3). Boosts: Take Area Damage almost always - it has the most effect when you stay safe in a corner. Take a few levels of HP bonus to last longer between heals. (PV at the right level almost always returns you to full health, even without Ability Power bonuses)

4). Control: Walk into the corner and let creeps attack you from there - you'll only get targeted by 3 or 4 creeps max. Pick upgrades and boosts whenever possible, but keep an eye on the Shaman in case his health gets low. Heal once HP is in orange. (this can be quite fast-paced once you have enough damage.) Try to make the Shaman attack low-HP creeps, as this can cause a chain reaction of Area Damage that can kill really fast.

5). Boss - Use Claws as often as possible, but Heal once you're in the orange. Keep hitting and this should be quick. If there are creeps, ignore them until the boss is dead. You should still stay in the corner for safety reasons.

Doing this I finished the game with 38 lives. I may be able to play a few multiplayer games with friends this weekend to see if it's harder or easier that way. I think Shaman is a bit strong for a support as he is now, so long as you play him well.

As for the rest, Paladin and Ranger are pretty balanced now, but I didn't have a chance to use the Blood Mage.

For the Shaman's heal-on-kill ability, it doesn't seem to be affected by AoE damage kills. Might that be better or worse for the Shaman?

I'm also wondering if you intend to add more to the heal-on-kill mechanic.

And a final word of advice - shrink your version numbers, or you might run out before the full release.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Shaman's claws bug out sometimes - the buff disappears a lot after I kill a creep, regardless of how many attacks took place before (often immediately after casting). Would it be overpowered if the bonus was the same but lasted for [Ability Power] attacks?
Imagine having 40 Ability Power. 40 attacks in 10 seconds, I don't think it'l work too well. But perhaps say 2 base attacks + 1 for every 10 Ability Power for example. I will look at fixing that bug.

I know the Shaman is meant for support, but I managed to solo pretty well with him.
Yeah I thought about you guys playing Solo when I created him, I wanted him to be a decent support hero but also able to kill for himself if enemies approached. A nice balance to not making him a boring hero that just aids allies and dies endlessly.

2). Abilities: Focus on Pure Visions. Take a level or two of Shaman Claws, then alternate PV with SDM to keep you alive against creeps.
Focusing on the Heal? Interesting. The reason the base on that heal is soo high, is that if your healing your allies you don't really want to die all the time. I needed to make a fair balance, however I'm thinking of reducing it to about 40 self, and 25 or 30 allies. (Continuing that ratio for higher levels)

3). Boosts: Take Area Damage almost always - it has the most effect when you stay safe in a corner. Take a few levels of HP bonus to last longer between heals. (PV at the right level almost always returns you to full health, even without Ability Power bonuses)
Do you think the Area Damage on Kill is overpowered? Or just effective on this Hero?

Doing this I finished the game with 38 lives. I may be able to play a few multiplayer games with friends this weekend to see if it's harder or easier that way. I think Shaman is a bit strong for a support as he is now, so long as you play him well.
I shall be rebalancing him slightly to fill the Support role abit better. I'm sure the effectiveness also depends on the player.

As for the rest, Paladin and Ranger are pretty balanced now...
Good to hear that.

...but I didn't have a chance to use the Blood Mage.
He recently received a nerf, and rebalancing of values. Overall balancing more than nerfing.

For the Shaman's heal-on-kill ability, it doesn't seem to be affected by AoE damage kills. Might that be better or worse for the Shaman?
Are you sure? Or is this just because you only see the "+X" floating text once when you kill area's? They may be stacking on the same point.
However I did not try Area damage on him yet, and am not surprised if there is a bug. I shall take a look at this, ty.

I'm also wondering if you intend to add more to the heal-on-kill mechanic.
For the shaman I think I may buff the amount on that Passive. However for the effect as it is, I wanted to know whether it should cost Gold or Lumber to Upgrade. Was not entirely sure yet, wanted thoughts before I added upgrades for this. Most probably next version.

And a final word of advice - shrink your version numbers, or you might run out before the full release.
Do you mean that going from 0.9 to 0.10 doesn't look good and that 0.10 looks more like 0.09->0.10 ?
If so I will start by adding 0.71 or 0.7 B after.

Thanks for the feedback again.
Will keep updating daily.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
In the meantime I will continue editing the Shaman, and adapting those game systems and mechanics.

Looking for opinions on the Tempest. I currently am aware that her Q deals far too much damage and that shall be fixed soon.
Thoughts and idea's are always appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.