Defense Inflicted Defence

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Version 0.7 B Updates:
Tempest Nerf -
-> Spirit Flare now fires 12 beams (from 24) Reason: When close, 2 or 3 could hit a target. Almost insta-killing bosses. This was too powerful, now it fires half the amount. In which distant shots can actually miss units due to them being in the gaps. However, by taking the risk of getting up close the Tempest still has a chance to hit a target with two.
-> Spirit Flare now deals reduced damage of 15/25/35/45/55 (from 35/55/75/95/115)
-> Spirit Flare Ability Power ratio increased to 3.5 (from 2.5)
-> Location Controller now deals reduced damage of 10/25/40/55/70 (from 30/50/70/90/110)
-> Location Controller tooltip fixed
-> Location Controller renamed to Warp
-> Voodoo Curse duration increased to 5/6 (from 3/4)
-> Animation Durations changed
-> Sound Set changed

Shaman Changes -
-> Soul Draining Magic now increases the Shamans Life Restoration on Kill by 6/12/18/24/30; but still increases all allies by 4/8/12/16/20 points
-> Pure Visions bug fixed where it would heal reduced amounts depending on the amount of players
-> Pure Visions now heals 30/40/50/60/70 (from 60/75/90/105/120) but heals allies by 75% (from 50%)
-> Proper name changed to 'Negal Fireye'
-> Shaman Claws bugs fixed, dealing area damage on kills no longer reduces the count remaining on Shaman Claws. Shaman Claws now heal correctly and deal correct damage
-> Base armor reduced to 2

Ranger Changes -
-> Trueshot Arrows now deals additional flat amount of 4/8/12/16/20 (from 3/6/9/12/15)
-> Owl of Harmony tooltips re-worded

Paladin Changes -
-> Initial Hit Points In-Combat Regeneration reduced to 2 (from 4) which is now the same as all other Heros
-> Base armor reduced to 2
-> Pure Light Mana Cost increased to 6 (from 4)
-> Shield of Might now deals half as much damage when hitting a Boss
-> Shield of Might cooldown increased to 3 seconds (from 2)

System Changes -
-> [del]Area Damage on Kill now has a 0.5 second cooldown to prevent chain kills[/del]
-> [del]Heal on Kills has a 0.5 second cooldown to prevent aoe abilities restoring too much hit points[/del] - As requested, this now does not have a cooldown and is fixed to accurately restore hit points
-> Heal on Kills now displays at in a scattered form allowing it to be seen easier when an aoe ability kills units
-> Heal on Kills can now be purchased at Dealer 2 (Orc) at the cost of 2 Lumber per 1 restored point
-> Barricades can now be removed
-> Some systems were recreated to deal with area damage and multi-instances more effectively
-> Observers names are now in gray
-> Single Player games only have 15 lives (Multiplayer still has 40)

More Coming Soon!

Look out for an Undead Summoner!

Requesting ability ideas for the Undead Summoner.
Current thoughts are:
An aoe ability that deals heavy damage and reduces all nearby enemies armor for a short duration
Summons Mini Skeletons [confirmed]
Passively creating Skeletons on kills and dealing bonus damage according to ability power
Exploding a Skeleton and creating a giant Skeleton King

Comments? Suggestions? Post below.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Tempest
1). Spirit Wave deals way too much damage early on, but pales in comparison in the late game. The AoE of each wave seems to differ from what the graphics show, especially the final area.
2). Her basic strategy appears to be as a last-stand-type hero, since putting her in the final slot helps to greatly reduce leaks. Just make sure that leaks don't have much HP.
3). I managed to finish without dying, simply by focusing on Ability Power, Mana and Mana Regen, then spamming Spirit Wave to destroy everything.
4). Her sound set is the same as the mage's, and her proper name is less of a name and more of a title. There's also a typo in Location Controller's tooltip, where you mention Agility.
5). Location Controller needs a new name. My suggestion? Warp.
6). Her missile doesn't fully correspond with the animation. Did you copy the Damage Point and Backswing from the original model's?

Shaman
1). Perfect game.
Following the previous strategy, I finished the game without losing a single life. Disappear only as a last resort, and never stray too far from the starting area.
2). The bug in Claws still exists.
3). He needs a name change. Something from the Far Seer's list would be more appropriate.

Paladin
1). Perfect game.
Follow the strategy of standing in the corner and waiting for Pulverize to destroy everything. Heal when necessary, and upgrade Regeneration.

Blood Mage
1). I was hard-pushed to finish a game without losing any lives, but I did it. You can't really take your attention off him for even a second, as FoD needs to be continually spammed and his health must always be monitored.

Ranger
1). Similar to the Blood Mage, except with less running around. Always cast both spells before a new wave, or you're almost sure to die.
2). Her Owl of Harmony has a typo in the tooltip.

Changes in 0.7B
1). Putting such long cooldowns on the bonuses kinda removes their purpose.
2). Tempest nerf sounds suitable.
3). Good idea to name it the way it is. IMO you should only increase the version number for new hero additions.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Tempest
1). Spirit Wave deals way too much damage early on, but pales in comparison in the late game. The AoE of each wave seems to differ from what the graphics show, especially the final area.
Nerfed. Ratio's re-scaled and area's changed.

2). Her basic strategy appears to be as a last-stand-type hero, since putting her in the final slot helps to greatly reduce leaks. Just make sure that leaks don't have much HP.
I agree. I found this a useful last player Hero, effective at saving the team by killing units that flood through. Could be very powerful up front early, but becomes underpowered if constantly harrassed very fast. This is one that requires strategic planning in a team game.

3). I managed to finish without dying, simply by focusing on Ability Power, Mana and Mana Regen, then spamming Spirit Wave to destroy everything.
Spamming Spirit Flare is the main activatable damage spell of the Tempest, so its understandable that it would be spammed most. However can strategically be increased by getting closer to the enemies rather than firing at a safe distance. However this change will be more noticable from the next version.

4). Her sound set is the same as the mage's, and her proper name is less of a name and more of a title. There's also a typo in Location Controller's tooltip, where you mention Agility.
Thank you for noticing that, fixed.

5). Location Controller needs a new name. My suggestion? Warp.
Changed, thanks.

6). Her missile doesn't fully correspond with the animation. Did you copy the Damage Point and Backswing from the original model's?
Fixed.

Shaman
2). The bug in Claws still exists.
Fixed, view the Changelog.

3). He needs a name change. Something from the Far Seer's list would be more appropriate.
Changed to a name from Far Seer: "Negal Fireye"

Paladin
1). Perfect game.
Follow the strategy of standing in the corner and waiting for Pulverize to destroy everything. Heal when necessary, and upgrade Regeneration.
Base regeneration decreased to increase difficulty slightly.

Blood Mage
1). I was hard-pushed to finish a game without losing any lives, but I did it. You can't really take your attention off him for even a second, as FoD needs to be continually spammed and his health must always be monitored.
Blood Mage is one of the more active Hero's and is at the moment one of the most challenging. Recent buffs have allowed durability and damage output to catch up to that of the other Hero's, however this Hero is more more efficient in the hands of a better player.

Ranger
1). Similar to the Blood Mage, except with less running around. Always cast both spells before a new wave, or you're almost sure to die.
She is one of the higher damage dealers, without a high damage or that owl to keep hit points regenerated she would be crushed fast. This is a hero that currently requires constant upgrading to maintain unkillable and deadly. However with the upcoming tweeks to the Owl of Harmony there should be some gameplay changes that will be noticable.

2). Her Owl of Harmony has a typo in the tooltip.
Fixed.

Changes in 0.7B
1). Putting such long cooldowns on the bonuses kinda removes their purpose.
Cooldowns removed or systems recreated to be effective.

2). Tempest nerf sounds suitable.
I hope that this version does not cause the Tempest to be useless or too underpowered. However it should be more of a challenge that the previous version.

3). Good idea to name it the way it is. IMO you should only increase the version number for new hero additions.
Thanks, version 0.8 will be the release of the Undead Summoner. If there is any versions before that it shall be 0.7 C or D

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Need ideas for the Undead Summoner, Need feedback and ideas from you guys!

Also, looking at ability remakes. If there is any ideas or thoughts you have, please share!
I'm mainly remaking hero ultimates, if you have any suggestions on how they may be changed, please let me know.

Current change log for next version:

System
-> Leaked units below 50% hp are now healed by 10%.
-> Text changes
-> Terrain changes
-> Observer zone added
-> Observers now have a unit that can blink to waste time if bored while Observing
-> Observers can poke each other and just mess around if they get bored of watching
-> Chill Zone added, allowing players to leave their zones to allow enemies to flow through
-> Kills with the Area Damage on Kill being greater than 0 now create an explosion effect
-> Able to disable and re-enable extra effects
-> Fixed a bug with incorrect icons displaying
-> Max level reduced to 20 (from 25)
-> Second level ultimate reduced to 15 (from 20)
-> Upper ultimates remade and instantly gained apon reaching level 20
. Paladin/Melee now gains 10 armor apon reaching level 20
. Ranger/Ranged gains an activatable increasing damage by 200% for 12 seconds apon reaching level 20
. Mage gains a 15 bonus in Ability Power apon reaching level 20
-> Undead Summoner added
-> Solo Mode added
-> Can now upgrade invulnurability after respawn (65g per second, 5 levels)

Heros
-> Mage Fingers of Death size per level decreased
-> Shaman's Dissapear now deals + 2.5x (From 2x)
-> Disspear bug fixed that caused it to deal double damage
-> Burning Vengence base damage increased to 15/30/45/60/75 (from 10/20/30/40/50)
Reason: Was not much reason to level the ability for only a bonus of 10 damage
-> Shaman Dissapear invisbility duration reduced to 4/6 (from 8)
Reason: Was too long for the short cooldown of 40/30
-> Fixed a bug where area damage on kills was causing on-attack proc effects like Pulverize and Trueshot Bows

Considering making Spirit Flare only fire in facing direction, many bolts firing in one row removes the intense effectiveness of it firing every direction. Would this be better? Or make the Tempest too weak? Thoughts? Opinions?

Frozen Death Summoner - Elder Lich of Frost

Frost Nova
The Lich selects a target location and deals 6/12/18/24/30 + 2x Ability Power damage and leaving a frozen shard which blocks pathing and reduces nearby enemies armor by 4/8/12/16/20 for 6 seconds.(Cooldown: 3 seconds)

Raise Skeletons
Summons 2/3/4/5/6 undead skeletons from the corpses within the ground to aid the Lich in combat for 45 seconds. Their hit points is increased by the level of this ability to 20/40/60/80/100.(Cooldown: 10 seconds)

Unholy Empowerment
Skeletons have an additional 4/8/12/16/20 base damage. Kills have a 12/14/16/18/20 % chance to spawn another Skeleton. This has a cap of 2/4/6/8/10 Skeletons. Kills that do not spawn Skeletons heal the killer by 20/30/40/50/60 + 1.5 x Ability Power in missing hit points. Healing is halved for Skeletons. (Cooldown: 3 seconds)

Skeleton Champion
Sacrifices a Skeleton to create a larger Skeleton Warrior with 40/60 damage and 150/250 hit points for up to 15 seconds. Attacks have a 10% chance to deal 2x + 0.75 x Ability Power damage.(Cooldown: 25 seconds)

Unfortunately due to some bug I am not able to edit the initial post, so i shall be posting updates below in the comments. Version 0.8 to be released soon.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
There are currently a few bugs with Version 0.8 in MultiPlayer, that shall be sorted out and a fix version shall be released soon.

Additionally the following changes can be expected:
Lives in Multiplayer are 15, Lives in Solo Multiplayer are 40 (Single Player is still 25)
Tempest Scroll of Speed buffed slow to 30/45/60/75/90 (from 15/30/45/60/75)
Players do not receive gold after losing in Solo Multiplayer
All players are not shown victory if one final boss is defeated
Paladins Holy Light heal now scales off of his Maximum Hit Points and has a lower base value: 30/40/50/60/70 + 16/17/18/19/20 % of max hp (from 40/60/80/100/120 flat) both still include a 2.5x Ability Power ratio
Rangers Owl of Harmony is now attackable, allowing it to be used as a distraction for the player. Owl has 300/450/600/750/900 Hit Points
Fixed a bug with Finger of Deaths area
Undead Summoner Skeletons Max Hit Points reduced to 20/30/40/50/60 (from 20/40/60/80/100)
Undead Summoner Skeletons attack speed reduced to 0.8 (from 0.64)
Undead Summoner Skeletons now last 25 seconds (from 45)
Undead Summoner Raise Skeletons Ability Cooldown increased to 15 (from 10)
Undead Summoner Unholy Empowerment now only heals Skeletons by 25% (from 50%)
Added Demon Conjurer Hero

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Tempest
  • Spirit Waves don't seem to deal damage after their first or second target. Is it meant to be that way, or is it a bug?
  • I like the idea of Spirit Wave being more Shockwave-like; it would mean more interaction than spamming Q and running away.
  • There's some interesting effects that happen when she attacks a creep as it attacks her and gets Warped. Her missile sometimes flies all the way to the first area. :rolleyes:
Ranger
  • Enhanced Bows hotkey (R) doesn't work.
  • She makes no sounds when ordered, only when clicked.
Lich
  • WAAAYYY overpowered. All he has to do is press W every once in a while, and upgraded auto-attacks do the rest. Ability power is the main focus, but not for Frost Nova (which is pretty insignificant compared to the skeletons)
  • The skeletons themselves aren't actually "resurrected" in that sense; I could replace them with Spirit Wolves or Water Elementals and the effect would be about the same. I was thinking more towards the revival of corpses, which not all units have.
Other
  • Would it be plausible to buy lumber with gold, and vice versa? Sometimes you have no use for upgrades; other times you don't need boosts.
  • The final boss doesn't appear, nor does he have a countdown timer. The timer issue was also present in the previous version.
  • The icons in the shop need their positions changed. Icons for the tomes, too.
    Shop 1:
    Damage, Attack Speed, Attack Range
    Armor, Movement Speed, Respawn Time, Immunity
    Mana, Mana Regeneration, Hit Point Regeneration

Shop 2:
    Area Damage, OoC Regeneration, Ability Power, Hit Points
    Heal on Kill, Level, Ability Power (x5)
  • Heal on Kills is way too expensive for its current effect, compared to the Shaman's ability. I think making it heal 3 points for the same cost might be more effective, as a team can easily get a Shaman for a boost much higher than that.
  • I managed to finally play a multiplayer game with two of my friends; it was then that I realised how boring it can be if the main player is good. I had to relinquish some creeps to them, or they wouldn't have done much at all. (Me using both Shaman and Tempest) It's also much harder to take on creeps that the first player leaks, since you're significantly weaker.
  • I also noticed that Player 2 (Blue) and Player 5 (Orange) have their spawning circles slightly further along the path, and the ending circles closer along.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Tempest
  • Spirit Waves don't seem to deal damage after their first or second target. Is it meant to be that way, or is it a bug?
  • I like the idea of Spirit Wave being more Shockwave-like; it would mean more interaction than spamming Q and running away.
I've been meaning to redo this ability for a while. Will look into it for version after 0.8 B
  • There's some interesting effects that happen when she attacks a creep as it attacks her and gets Warped. Her missile sometimes flies all the way to the first area. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've noticed that. It's the same as attacking with any ranged slow projectile that goes through a circle to the next player, it will still follow them. The only thing I can do atm is increase the attack projectiles speed.
  • Enhanced Bows hotkey (R) doesn't work.
Fixed, ty.
  • She makes no sounds when ordered, only when clicked.
Odd. I shall look into that.
  • WAAAYYY overpowered. All he has to do is press W every once in a while, and upgraded auto-attacks do the rest. Ability power is the main focus, but not for Frost Nova (which is pretty insignificant compared to the skeletons)
  • The skeletons themselves aren't actually "resurrected" in that sense; I could replace them with Spirit Wolves or Water Elementals and the effect would be about the same. I was thinking more towards the revival of corpses, which not all units have.
Will be looking at nerfing them, and possibly remaking that Passive in future versions. At the moment I don't want to remake anything, just fixing bugs and major concerns for the next version.
  • Would it be plausible to buy lumber with gold, and vice versa? Sometimes you have no use for upgrades; other times you don't need boosts.
Funny that you say that, I actually had a conversion implemented already for the next version.
Sounds odd, but the ratio is 30 Gold -> 1 Lumber. Reason being I don't want a large amount of conversions done, but at the end of the game on does not know what to do with excess gold, so it would be useful to convert into lumber. Lumber I find is much better in some regards as the upgrades have no limits. Perhaps I should increase the limits for the Upgrades for Gold?
  • The final boss doesn't appear, nor does he have a countdown timer. The timer issue was also present in the previous version.
This is one of the bugs that I mentioned was fixed.
  • The icons in the shop need their positions changed. Icons for the tomes, too.
    Shop 1:
    Damage, Attack Speed, Attack Range
    Armor, Movement Speed, Respawn Time, Immunity
    Mana, Mana Regeneration, Hit Point Regeneration

Shop 2:
    Area Damage, OoC Regeneration, Ability Power, Hit Points
    Heal on Kill, Level, Ability Power (x5)
Sure, there was no particular meaning behind the locations before.
  • Heal on Kills is way too expensive for its current effect, compared to the Shaman's ability. I think making it heal 3 points for the same cost might be more effective, as a team can easily get a Shaman for a boost much higher than that.
Adjusted.
  • I managed to finally play a multiplayer game with two of my friends; it was then that I realised how boring it can be if the main player is good. I had to relinquish some creeps to them, or they wouldn't have done much at all. (Me using both Shaman and Tempest) It's also much harder to take on creeps that the first player leaks, since you're significantly weaker.
I noticed this too, as I played with 5 players and it was clear the back players were not prepared for the waves when the front players leaked. For this reason I have added the Solo Mode, additionally good strategic play would suggest that the front player should leak some to get the others farmed.

Also note that unless your player 1, only 10 enemies can be in your area, or they skip you and move to the next area. If you put a player in front that doesn't kill fast, or has no area abilities then you could easily balance out the kills.

At the moment I am looking for ways to balance it, otherwise just see it as a strategic opportunity for better players to play as a team.

• I also noticed that Player 2 (Blue) and Player 5 (Orange) have their spawning circles slightly further along the path, and the ending circles closer along.
Actually players 2-5 all have their end circles further forward so that it is easier for them to run behind and leak a few units to the next player. I only just noticed the top circles odd placing, that has been fixed for the next version. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. And look out for the next version coming soon!

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Demon Conjurer
  • Doom has a 5 second cooldown at level 1.
  • Proper name and soundset are the same as the Paladin.
  • There are 2 waves of Flesh Golems.
  • Wave 41 was a pleasant surprise.
  • Demon Form Illidan (Wave 49) is misspelled. And needs a better name too.
  • He's significantly stronger at the start of a wave, since Hell Scream has a much larger AoE than Death Coil.
  • Soul Drain allows HUGE amounts of heal - I saw a 315 on the third boss after just one Hell Scream and a few attacks.
  • I wish you wouldn't rush versions so fast. 0.8B wasn't expected to have a new hero. Now I have no time to test the Lich before I go to sleep.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
> Doom has a 5 second cooldown at level 1.
Yeah, I was testing it. Forgot to change it back. Sorry, will fix.

>Proper name and soundset are the same as the Paladin.
Because I based it off of Paladin, did not change the details too much. Will be fixed soon. Seems I rushed this version.

>There are 2 waves of Flesh Golems.
One was meant to be a Rock Golem, shall adjust.

>Wave 41 was a pleasant surprise.
Felt like players were winning the game too easily and that it should be extended.

>Demon Form Illidan (Wave 49) is misspelled. And needs a better name too.
Suggestions for a better nick? Something like Demon Illidan or Darkened Illidan? Idk, I'm bad with nicks.

>He's significantly stronger at the start of a wave, since Hell Scream has a much larger AoE than Death Coil.
Yeah, I need to tweek values. Feels kindof unbalanced at times, but at others it works quite well. Timing the Hell Scream and then the Death Coil allows you to get the maximum damage, as Hell Scream scales off of Current Hit Points and Death Coil scales off of Missing Hit Points.

>Soul Drain allows HUGE amounts of heal - I saw a 315 on the third boss after just one Hell Scream and a few attacks.
Yeah, I also reached values of almost 1000 on that final boss. Need to add base values and smaller ratio's.

>I wish you wouldn't rush versions so fast. 0.8B wasn't expected to have a new hero. Now I have no time to test the Lich before I go to sleep.
Yeah I needed to fix those bugs, and well I had an idea so I completed it, wasn't sure if I should release the Hero or not.

>Will edit this tomorrow, if possible. Nights.

Thanks for all the help, will try have a C version with the fixes tomorrow.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
This seems like a good map. I will play it now! (Hold my other map until I can be bothered with the bugs Inflicted has told me about xD)

I just played Lich.
IMHO he was easy to play with, I could play a 4player game and not let any pass (Didn't let any pass solo, so I lost no health) My tactic was get level 1 Skele then level 1 Nova then Level 1 Unholy Empowerment. Level 2 Skele then Nova then Unholy then nova (So it's level 3) then skele then unholy empowerment. Level 4 Skele and Holy empowerment (When you can level 1 Champ) then level 5 skele and empowerment. After level 4 Nova then 5 nova. Get level 2 Champ. While your doing this, level your attack damage and speed. spend 300 on mana gain (in shop) and get some level abilities or something.

Tactic to fighting: is easy, just spawn max amount of skele's and use nova as soon as you can.
When you get level1 champ, USE IT! Finished the game that way (too easy).

Also: With the Dialog, it says Inflicted Defence 0.7

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
For aesthetics' sake, I suggest you use this icon for learning Unholy Empowerment. Also, the Demolish icon has a BTN form under ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDemolish.blp.

@OMGOMGOMG: I believe you're using 0.8, instead of 0.8b. The former's Lich is waaaayyyy overpowered.

Attachments

• ShadeTrueSight.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 312

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
ah tyvm for making that!
Will definately add that, fixing minor bugs and changes. Will not release any big changes in the next versions, just bug fixes.

Reworked Soul Drain, the Demon Conjurers passive to scale more off of initial flat values than the percentage of the attacked target.
Reason: The attacks will be more effective on all enemies attacked and will not be extremely overpowered on boss units due to the lower percentage ratio.
Now scales: 4/8/12/16/20 + 2x AP + 25/30/35/40/45 % of missing hp
From: 2/4/6/8/10 + 2x AP + 10/15/20/25/30 % of missing hp

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Not sure if this was intended or not but IMHO there's not enough time to kill bosses (30 seconds isn't enough for me).

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
That depends a lot on which hero you use. The Lich, Ranger and Tempest can rush a boss in a few seconds. The Shaman, Demon and Mage are juuuuust right. And The Paladin takes forever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.