Instaliing warcraft on 2 computers?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am gonna buy another warcraft set(this one got broken from my cousin) and i want to know if I can install the game on 2 computers and play in battle net.Also can i registrate somewhere in a bliyyard site so if my game get#s killed again i can dolnload it from there??? Pls help!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Though Blizzard has removed the requirement to have a Warcraft 3 CD in the drive while playing the game with the latest patch they have not removed the requirement that every game have a unique CD key - if you want to play on Battle.net.

You can play Lan games with copies but you have to buy the game if you want to play on Battle.net. If you want an official answer though you should ask in the Official Blizzard forums.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62539

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There are ways to host on wc3. Even if you're using 2 cd keys you can connect the games on LAN and load up pkpListChecker.
:)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
There are ways to host on wc3. Even if you're using 2 cd keys you can connect the games on LAN and load up pkpListChecker.
:)

So...basicly it doesen't matter if i install it on 2 computers using the same CD key and battle.net will work(sorry for the stupidity of my question but the day was too long and too tiering for me to make any comcluyions)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You won't be able to get on the same server, on both computers at the same time.
One on US East and one on US West will work, two on US East will not.
In order to play online with a friend you need to connect to eachother VIA LAN, then host it online through a program that does this. pkpListChecker does.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You won't be able to get on the same server, on both computers at the same time.
One on US East and one on US West will work, two on US East will not.
In order to play online with a friend you need to connect to eachother VIA LAN, then host it online through a program that does this. pkpListChecker does.

Thanks, i owe ya a lot.I don#t want to aheve that.Just to have it on 2computers. Tnx +rep

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
If you still have your old version installed, you can play on the same server. Since the old version still has another cd-key. You can even play with your new disk, since CD-key doesn't have any connection with the disk, only for installation.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Just because your set got broken (i'm assuming the disk broke) doesn't mean it's useless. You have two options once you buy the second set of CD's.

First, you can use the new CD's to install on both computers. Then enter in the CD-Key from your old set of broken disks on one computer. Then enter in the CD-Key from your new set of disks on the other computer.

Or

You can visit http://www.blizzard.com/store/ ,register, enter in your CD-Keys, and download the setup file for the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.