Instant casts (channel ability)

Kajik

Reaction score
SOLVED

I am creating all my hero abilities based on channel spell with Target Type: Instant (No Target), cast time and follow through time set to 0.0, but always I push the ability button, my hero stops and cancel his current order.
Are there any possibilities to make instant channel ability without this break? (Something like Battle Shout while running).

killingdyl

Reaction score
im not so sure but you could probably try to save the order, trigger the spell, then reissue the order

BarzahdX

Reaction score
I don't tinker with channel too much, sorry. Though from what you're asking, I highly advise using Fan of Knives as a dummy--it works wonders for me.

canons200

Reaction score
channel is to CAST spell/ability(mainly for trigger), default setting by blizzarrd.

At such, i believe there is no way it won't cancel your unit current order.

I believe there are a few thing you can try
1) make your own WC, WE and etc
2) re-order your unit current order with the new order by trigger after casting the channel
3) use berserk ability, it work fine, instant, never interrupt your unit current order

pardon, i don't know what is this "Battle Shout"

Kajik

Reaction score
I believe there are a few thing you can try
1) make your own WC, WE and etc
2) re-order your unit current order with the new order by trigger after casting the channel
3) use berserk ability, it work fine, instant, never interrupt your unit current order
Yep, I can do it either with 1) or 2). I just wonder if it's possible with channel, because I have Spell Book with 11 different spells (based on channel, different orderID). And there are for example 4 different abilites I want to be instant casts.
Do you know more abilities like berserk or fan of knives, which don't interrupt unit orders?
Thanks for answers.

Kajik

Reaction score
With a little bit of experimenting, I found:
Defend
Berserk
Wind Walk
Immolation
Divine Shield
Mana Shield

Which are not interrupting my hero when used.
Do you know any more or is there any option wher could I set this behavior?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
There's no option, it's inherent to the base spell.

I've read, but not tested, Item Healing Salve as an instant spell.

Some spells are not instant in that they play a casting animation, yet still have the unit continue doing what it was doing previously when it finishes casting: Thunder Clap, Fan of Knives, Roar? and some others.

Jinxx

Reaction score
For toggle-able non-interrupting abilities, use Immolation/Defend.

For AoE non-interrupting abilities, use Berserk.

For single-target non-interrupting abilities, use Healing Salve, as Weep suggested. Note that you need to set the Healing Salve fields to allow it to always work, regardless of current HP/Mana. Also, give it a duration of 0.01 seconds or else it will do nothing, and make sure it's buff fields aren't empty!

IMHO saving/issuing current orders is redundant since you have so many spells at your disposal that don't interrupt the unit's order queue. Just make sure you set them up properly, and tweak the data fields to your needs.

Happy mapping! :)

Kajik

Reaction score
Healing salve as item doesn't interrupt movement, but when I use Healing Salve as an ability, my hero stops to cast it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.