Interesting terran game style i want to share... BratOK vs NesTea at Blizzcon

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, i have just seen a very impressive terran play style which BratOK showed against NesTea at blizzcon, casted by Joshy.
The build is not "new", it was majorly used in 4vs4 or just for fun but i have not seen anybody do this on a professional level.
The game is split into 2 parts because of its length, and believe me, its hillarious from the beginning to the end.

I am not going to tell you who won the game, you better dont look it up before you watch this.
Its hillarious, there is nothing more i can say about it.

Here is the youtube link for the first part.
Here is the youtube link for the second part.
About 27 minutes in total.

Please comment what you think about this. Does anybody think this build order is going to be used more frequently by the pros now? I can certainly wish for it to happen.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Thread moved to strategy room.

It is a real spoiler.

"A mear mortal like bratOK" Who ended up sweeping the floor with nestea over and over again... God I hate casters who haven't done their research before a game.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
What is your problem with that phrase? Brat_OK hasn't had any great tournament results that I can think of. He's a professional player but not one of the better foreigners. Nestea on the other hand is widely considered the best zerg in the world and is one of the best korean starcraft 2 players right now.

It really is an interesting game. You have to find a way to attack earlier on before that strategy really "kicks in".

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can take for granted that all replys here will be spoilers, thus i wont even bother using spoiler tags.

I think a good thing about this terran build order is that it seems like a mistake.
You let the zerg macro up without much harassment, he feels confident and techs up.
On the other hand you crazy-expand all over the place, mostly using mules and many scv's on gas, and then you build up your raven numbers and research the required upgrades.
Hellions against lings and infestors and siege tanks for defense. Thors against
What will the zerg player tech to? Mutalisks and Broodlords? => bad against pdd, Ultralisks? => cannot attack air, mass Roach? => cannot attack air, infestors? => nestea did that and lost against the hunter-seeker-missle and the turrets.

I think this build order has great potential if you got the micro management to control all those ravens effectively. The biggest problem with the raven is that all those skills are very expensive, 50 for a turret, 100 for the pdd and 150 for the missle.
If you are not careful you will waste all the energy at once in the first engagement and be prone to upcoming attacks.

Its dangerous but i guess its a lot of fun.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i thought that if NesTea was to add a few infestor when he had tons of roaches streaming inside bratOK's base he would've got all the ravens or if not killed his main by keeping the ravens out but then again there's the seeker missiles.

"A mear mortal like bratOK" Who ended up sweeping the floor with nestea over and over again... God I hate casters who haven't done their research before a game.

well when compared to NesTea bratOK is a mere mortal in terms of achievements and wins, he is the only 3 time GSL champion not to mention the only undefeated champion with his teammate IMMvp next with 16 - 1. Whilst bratOK is known as one of the best Russian Terran player and that's about it, he have won a few tournaments such as dreamhack winter but not that significant when compared to NesTea.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Nestea's achivements are outstanding, sure, but if bratOK is a mortal compared to him, why did nestea loose that bad ?

This is a typical example of style play- I am pretty sure that bratOK does this build frequently, but I don't think that many other players can execute it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I watched this yesturday

I personally find that the BratOK's use of Ravens stole my heart, though it was just an awkward second game with him lacking a ground army really. So roaches would get really far and then the max-upgraded auto-turrents making a Tower Defense out of his base.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
after trying out bratoks strat, i realized that with as many ravens as he had, the supply of turrets was endless and i could leave enough turrets to take care of an entire base and move on to the next without any energy problems, the problem with it is early game harass is hard to take care of (as we saw in the video) eventhough he already had quite a few ravens he was still hard pressed to take care of the roaches, but at 14 ravens it became an endless assault of almost unkillable air units with ground capabilities
ps this is my new 2v2+ strat, hard to pull off in 1v1 due to the early game weakness

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.