Internet freedom is at risk of dying

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Big corporations have plans to make a change that would forever change the internet as we know it in 2012. The internet takes away so much attention away from TV and other media, with its growth and freedom. Big internet servers want to take away the freedom and control it by basically offering the internet service to the highest bidder. The way we accesses the internet will be changed to that of T.V. with the biggest interest sites for x amount a month. For less used it will cost a little more etc. If this happens the internet will be significantly reduced including this site, the helper.
Already in U.K. Virgin Media has announced that they dismiss internet neutrality and have plans to take control of the internet access. If this company succeed other companies will see this as a way to make money and will also do it as well. In order to stop this, Virgin's customers would have to stand up and stop using them. This would obliterate the company and show the other big corporations not to try to take away internet control.
visit:http://ipower.ning.com/ and http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Old-old-old news. I think there's a dying resistance somewhere on the net... Check them out.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
If that happens no one will use the internet

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
The internet was made for every one and it will stay that way.

*preps flamethrower and lets out a squirt of fire*

Otherwise...I'd have to start burning real stuff....With real fire.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Haha, BT's comment on the issue:

"We welcome all the Virgin customers who left because of the net neutrality issue and offer 'neutral' bandwidth."

Yoink!

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
probably wont happen, but it is pretty scary though. I wouldn't want that to happen. It would pretty much screw over every business.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is no concern to me, probably cause I'm cocky enough to believe it won't happen, and with good reason. The only thing that worries me is the FBI chairman requesting more access to ISP's to monitor the internet in the US a lot closer. I can't have this happen.. especially for what I do.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>This is no concern to me, probably cause I'm cocky enough to believe it won't happen, and with good reason. The only thing that worries me is the FBI chairman requesting more access to ISP's to monitor the internet in the US a lot closer. I can't have this happen.. especially for what I do.

If you are not already, I suggest do something about it. Maybe start by looking up your senator's website and passing on your views. Cntr + F "contact" works nicely :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.