Internship/Job Finding Resources (US)

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Someone asked me if I'd post a list of what I used to find internships/jobseeking. Figured I may as well post it here.

1) Internmatch.com -- smooth interface, stores your resumé too for fast applications!
2) Glassdoor.com -- This is a relatively new one that I started using recently. There's some really great stuff on it though.
3) Indeed.com -- Barebones interface, but a ton of big name employer will post here. This is also the website on which I found my internship from last summer.
4) Monster.com -- Kind of a like a worse version of Indeed.com, but hey, the interface is purple!
5) Craigslist.com -- If you fancy yourself as more of an artsy person, this is probably where you'll want to start your search. Right now, I'm seeing a lot of positions for drivers and camp counselors, but closer to summer you'll find some good stuff here. It's sort of like trying to find a needle in a hay stack with this website.

What do you use when job seeking?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
At university we get weekly emails of all the high tech companies looking for paid interns around town. Its usually pretty good stuff although there are also a few duds.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
The Googly.

All the sites aforementioned. But also just using Google or places you know yourself by word of mouth. It doesn't hurt to just ask a company about an internship possibility even if they have nothing posted (actually that's how I got 2 of mine, just went up and asked). Depending on the company and their policies.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I found my most recent job by moving my linkedin account to where I wanted to live (San Francisco). Now I got a pretty neat gig! Started this last Monday. Moving your zip code re-enters you on a lot of recruiter's databases & if you're a techie you'll get flooded with offers.

Angel.co is neat if you like startup companies. I had some good interviews with companies there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.