Inventory Slot Full Requirement?

Kildare

Reaction score
If my hero's inventory is full, how do i prevent an itemshop from selling items to it? Coz right now, even though my inventory's full, the unit can still keep buying items from shops, though the items won't appear anywhere. Any ideas?

Reaction score
How about a trigger solution?

Events
[Item Shop] begins casting [Your Sell Ability]

Conditions
[Hero] item count > 6

Actions
Order [Item Shop] to Stop
Display Error

Sorry, I lost my world editor. Can't seem to get it back now that the beta is over.

Kildare

Reaction score
It's not so simple.

#1) There's no way atm to detect who is purchasing the unit.
#2) The itemshop is a neutral unit
#3) Because of the above conditions, there's no way to detect which player is the owner of the purchasing unit.

An alternative would be to just refund the purchasing player by using (Unit creates a unit) event, but that would mean i need to manually set the refund costs for each item because there seems to be no way to find the original cost of the unit. =/

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
maybe you don't have to find the original cost of each unit separately... but you can instead set up an array or use custom values to track the cost of a specific TYPE of item. and then you can set up the prices of each type ahead of time?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
An alternative would be to just refund the purchasing player by using (Unit creates a unit) event, but that would mean i need to manually set the refund costs for each item because there seems to be no way to find the original cost of the unit. =/

Catalog doesn't help here?

Kildare

Reaction score
SerraAvenger: Haven't really tried that as i haven't dabbled much into Catalogs(plus i'm not sure what each field does anyway). besides, it doesn't make a difference anyway if i can't detect the buying player. =/

Kildare

Reaction score
Yes but u see the unit is trained FROM a NEUTRAL-owned unit through the interact ability. I'm not sure how to detect the triggering player from there.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Yes but u see the unit is trained FROM a NEUTRAL-owned unit through the interact ability. I'm not sure how to detect the triggering player from there.

Things to try out:
-Adding a counter to the inventory behaviour and make sure the training only works for good counter values
-Getting the owner of the sold unit
-Make a item inventory system that doesn't use units like that.
-Check if there's any difference between a sold unit that lands in the inventory and a sold unit that lands on the ground.
EDIT:
-Trigger item pickup. (At least on item sell)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i have this problem too and i listed it as a bug in the sc2mapster bugs thread..

also other item bugs are ( hotkeys don't work for them period) , and if your hero dies while carrying an item, it doesn't matter if you have "drop on death " or not drop on death checked because no matter what , it will always Drop.

Also hero revive ability is totally bugged.. Lots of shit is bugged in this, i always wondered why no "real hero map" made it into the testing of the beta, this is why.. cause its heavily bugged.

Kildare

Reaction score
INCINERATE: The main reason is that Blizzard hasn't released the Campaign mod for SC2, which contains all hero and item support, if my guess is right.

onisagi: You misunderstand me. The shop is owned by the neutral unit, but i need to find the player that is BUYING from the shop, not the owner of the shop itself. =/

Reaction score
A possible workaround would be to put your current system aside and trigger the whole thing. Might take a bit more work, but it will be as customizable as you make it be. Shouldn't take more than three functions.

Kildare

Reaction score
Yea i know it's possible via triggers. But i'll put on-hold on any workarounds until SC2 is FULLY released. I'm not gonna take the trouble to make a workaround if a real system actually exists in SC2, just that the Devs haven't released i yet. =/

INCINERATE

Reaction score
Yea i know it's possible via triggers. But i'll put on-hold on any workarounds until SC2 is FULLY released. I'm not gonna take the trouble to make a workaround if a real system actually exists in SC2, just that the Devs haven't released i yet. =/

Agreed , i feel the same way..

they will fix it .. just hope they get it on first release, else much hero related maps will be hindered for a while

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.