Invisible Building

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/upgrade-shops.157469/

Hey guys.

I am trying to make an invisible barracks that I can place underneath a visible barracks.
Above is a link to a thread of what I am trying to do.

Currently I have a barracks. I set the unit's Actor Model to "None" and now I get the checkered globe appearing. I also removed the footprint on the Actor and the unit but I am still not able to place the Invisible barracks on the visible barracks.

Thanks

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/upgrade-shops.157469/

Hey guys.

I am trying to make an invisible barracks that I can place underneath a visible barracks.
Above is a link to a thread of what I am trying to do.

Currently I have a barracks. I set the unit's Actor Model to "None" and now I get the checkered globe appearing. I also removed the footprint on the Actor and the unit but I am still not able to place the Invisible barracks on the visible barracks.

Thanks
Set the actor model to anything, but go to the actor events and remove the part where it's created;
Unitbirth
Create

If the game tries to display a model that does not exist it will always fall back to that checkered sphere ;)
You can always place a unit while holding shift/ctrl (aint got the editor open, dont remember:rolleyes:) to disable their pathing. But make sure that your unit does not have any pathing at all (no radius)

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
Thank You Sir!

I will soon get the hang of these actors!
It works if you just hold shift down.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You can always place a unit while holding shift/ctrl (aint got the editor open, dont remember:rolleyes:) to disable their pathing.
I don't think this stops the object from having pathing, but rather allows you to place the object while ignoring the requirements of the pathing footprint. The only way to remove the footprint of a unit is to do it via the Data Editor.

For a Doodad though, if you want to disable the footprint ingame, you need to open up the properties of the object in the Terrain Module (double click on the object or press enter with the object selected) and check Don't Use Doodad Footprint).

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Also, there's a model called "Invisible" which makes it invisible. If you don't feel like messing with the actor events.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
What did you try? If you remove the actor event that creates it upon unit birth, it should not display.
And if you set it to the Invisible model suggested by Siretu, it should not display it even with the actor events still there?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think the problem is that there are other actor events that create the actor. Unit Birth might not handle the case when it's preplaced in the editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.