Invisible Color

Necrolytie

Reaction score
I know that may sound kind of stupid, however there is some way of putting an "invisible color" in world editor?

The use of this would be to hide information on items that can be used in triggers like Save and Load.

Maelbog

Reaction score
I tried removing the art model of the item on ground.
When i test the map, i can't see nor select the item.

Necrolytie

Reaction score
I tried removing the art model of the item on ground.
When i test the map, i can't see nor select the item.

I think you did't understand the question or i've who expressed bad ...

An example would be something like "Neck of Power |invcodeNVA|r"

Got it?

Then i would use the "NVA" hidden in the name, on the triggers.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to hide tooltip text, and even if there was, how would you access it?

Maelbog

Reaction score
I see, i think you could only make the color of the text somehow similar to the background color.

Necrolytie

Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to hide tooltip text, and even if there was, how would you access it?

Only for players it will be hidden, using the triggers system nothing is really hidden, soo i can use the substring to get where the hidden code are.

Necrolytie

Reaction score
I see, i think you could only make the color of the text somehow similar to the background color.

I've tried it before, but i just can't find the color of the background...
If you know what is the code of this color, i will be soo gratefull of you guy :3

I only use thezy colors, because i just don't find more.

On anex, the RGB tablete that i use.

Attachments

• bgiq8.gif
    bgiq8.gif
    228.4 KB · Views: 254

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Ah, I get it. You could use |cff333333Text|r, and the range of 25 to 35 looks fine. But you have the problem of the tooltip window being seim-transparent, so the text may appear if hovering over units or different terrain types.

Necrolytie

Reaction score
Ah, I get it. You could use |cff333333Text|r, and the range of 25 to 35 looks fine. But you have the problem of the tooltip window being seim-transparent, so the text may appear if hovering over units or different terrain types.

hummm... is hard to see it... thinking about it can work..
But my real probem i have is: I make a Equip's System, that the hero can have 11 equips at once, and i'm having problens to make or edit a save/load system, my really difficult is to save the equiped itens, gold, lumber and exp :C

On anex my Equip's System, I did it to support up to 12 players simultaneously using, there is no margin of error, it is simply perfect in 3 simple triggers.

Some texts are in Portuguese ... because I'm brazilian :p

Attachments

• Equip System[.w3x
    121.8 KB · Views: 222

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have your solution!
In the name of the item, put in a colorcode, like |cffffcc00|r, but *don't* put any text inside it. To the players nothing will change, but when you use String: Item name, it uses the whole string *with* the color code in it. However the tricky bit is that if you just use the whole item name in something (like Game: Show players text) it too will appear without the code. So what you have to do is use String: Substring(Item name) to access the part of your colorcode you would like to use.

For an example, let's use the Sobi Mask. The name for it is, obviously, "Sobi Mask". But if we change it to "Sobi Mask|cffffcc00|r", we have a colorcode we can reference and the players see no difference. Now we use something like this to get the code:
Trigger:
  • Set varString = (Substring((Name of (Item being manipulated)), ((Length of (Name of (Item being manipulated))) - 9), ((Length of (Name of (Item being manipulated))) - 2)))
And we can look at the string to figure out what we want to do. All you have to do is change the colorcode for each effect you want, and voila!

Note: depending on how this is used, you'll probably want to add a colorcode to every item that players will have access to because if an item doesn't have one it'll use the item's actual name and that could have unintended results.

Necrolytie

Reaction score
I have your solution!
In the name of the item, put in a colorcode, like |cffffcc00|r, but *don't* put any text inside it. To the players nothing will change, but when you use String: Item name, it uses the whole string *with* the color code in it. However the tricky bit is that if you just use the whole item name in something (like Game: Show players text) it too will appear without the code. So what you have to do is use String: Substring(Item name) to access the part of your colorcode you would like to use.

For an example, let's use the Sobi Mask. The name for it is, obviously, "Sobi Mask". But if we change it to "Sobi Mask|cffffcc00|r", we have a colorcode we can reference and the players see no difference. Now we use something like this to get the code:
Trigger:
  • Set varString = (Substring((Name of (Item being manipulated)), ((Length of (Name of (Item being manipulated))) - 9), ((Length of (Name of (Item being manipulated))) - 2)))
And we can look at the string to figure out what we want to do. All you have to do is change the colorcode for each effect you want, and voila!

Note: depending on how this is used, you'll probably want to add a colorcode to every item that players will have access to because if an item doesn't have one it'll use the item's actual name and that could have unintended results.

You're a fuc**ng genius man! And thinking about what you told me, I can create codes that do not exist, it will be hidden even if the code does not exist, for example |cffZZ0000|r, does not exist, but still command |cff e |r will recognize it as a color coding since it has all the characters referring to a color code.

I love you man.

[Edit] Forget about what I said, I was wrong D:

But still, there are MANY color codes, there are certainly enough.

But i still loving you :D

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You're a fuc**ng genius man!

But still, there are MANY color codes, there are certainly enough.

Yeah, there's PLENTY of codes you can make (8 hexadecimal characters), not to mention if you REALLY need more, you can just stick more colorcodes in there! Your triggers might get a little funny if you do that too much though... :p

(I feel so awesome for coming up with this. There's so much stuff we can do with it I don't even know what to do right now.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.