iPhone 4 announced... thoughts?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. All I know is I read somewhere about Steve Jobs patenting a form of advertising that would completely interrupt the user's interaction with the device until the ad is watched or at least interacted with.
That's not iAds, although I think I've read a similar thing. Even I, whom love Apple greatly, would dump my iPhone if they did such a thing, as would many others.

This link explains it, you can read the small quoted portion if you don't want to read the rest (scroll down a bit).
The average user spends 30 minutes a day in apps. If we put an add up every 3 minutes, that’s 10 ads per day.
FYI, this is talking about displaying ads in the small strip on the bottom of the app or where it's located, not forcing you to watch them.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
advertisement doesnt exist in paid apps because paying is what pays for no advertisement.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just got my iPhone 4. Had to pay £119 for it, despite the website saying it was a free upgrade. Regardless, it's still relatively cheap (and it's still a lot of money!).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's awesome. The screen is incredible, certainly worth all the hype it's getting. It feels more sturdy, and generally looks more sexy, which is awesome too. The camera is good too. Basically everything about it is just great. :p

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
It's awesome. The screen is incredible, certainly worth all the hype it's getting. It feels more sturdy, and generally looks more sexy, which is awesome too. The camera is good too. Basically everything about it is just great. :p

aaa I want one.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I should say that mine finally arrived a week or 2 ago and I am also having a lot of fun with it.

Plus I haven't been affected by the reception issue that everyone's been attacking Apple over.

Friends of mine were saying how it looked quite ugly in comparison to the previous generation (judging from photos and adverts) but they agree after having seen it for real that it definitely looks a lot nicer than older iPhones out there.

And of course there are some brilliant apps available for it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> aaa I want one.
You really do. :p

> Plus I haven't been affected by the reception issue that everyone's been attacking Apple over.
I immediately put mine into my old phone case, so I didn't even get the chance to check. :p

I'm planning on Jail-breaking it soon. 12 app limit for folders is a nuisance (there are packages to allow scrolling in those folders, and thus allow an infinite amount of apps), and SBSettings is just awesome.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
> aaa I want one.
You really do. :p

> Plus I haven't been affected by the reception issue that everyone's been attacking Apple over.
I immediately put mine into my old phone case, so I didn't even get the chance to check. :p

I'm planning on Jail-breaking it soon. 12 app limit for folders is a nuisance (there are packages to allow scrolling in those folders, and thus allow an infinite amount of apps), and SBSettings is just awesome.
JailBreakMe.com... I did my 3GS there, it's just too easy.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've jail broken the iphone 4 but currently there's not much you can do to customize it. Many of the old themes don't work with OS4 but it won't be long until you'll be able to.

Here's two pictures of the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0356[1].PNG
    IMG_0356[1].PNG
    262.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0357[1].PNG
    IMG_0357[1].PNG
    246.9 KB · Views: 288

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I've got the Dark Crystal theme in Cydia, I really like it -- I found it in the Changes tab. It changes the icons and wallpaper, it looks good. Also, Five Icon Dock as well. I'm eagerly awaiting five icon springboard too.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
five icon dock shoves your apps together and you cant see the names properly, which annoys me.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
five icon dock shoves your apps together and you cant see the names properly, which annoys me.
That doesn't happen on mine, but though if you have apps with longer names. I have Mail, Phone, Safari, iPod and Camera in that order, and they fit with room to spare. What do you have there?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
is that 4.0 or the updates for it

What do you mean?

That doesn't happen on mine, but though if you have apps with longer names. I have Mail, Phone, Safari, iPod and Camera in that order, and they fit with room to spare. What do you have there?

I have a 5 icon dock and I use Phone, AIM, Mail, Safari, iPod

in that order. The names seem a bit squeezed if you use Apps with long names but if not then they just about touch.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
What do you mean?

I have a 5 icon dock and I use Phone, AIM, Mail, Safari, iPod

in that order. The names seem a bit squeezed if you use Apps with long names but if not then they just about touch.
Ah cool, mine don't seem squeezed at all.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't Jailbroken my iPhone 4 yet, but here's an image of what my 3G was like. There were a total of about 150 (total) apps in the three folders.
IMG_0009.PNG

Any other questions that were directed at me will be answered when I return. :)

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
such a generic skin :|

I also thought that when I put apps into jailbroken folders the apps load slower. Eh, i did have the 2G iphone. but its gone now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.