Iron Man Mark III Costume

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ha, yeah, not without bleeding and dying. That's why I need to find some way tomorrow to like cut off and sand all the sharp edges and pieces.

But it's pretty strong now. I only used one layer each so it's still slightly flexible, but good enough for me since I don't have much time.

I just hope I can make it smooth and safe to wear, would kinda suck if I couldn't because of all the fiberglass spikes. Anyway, my next step (after the sanding stuff) is detailing with Bondo body filler, to add another layer that will even out and smooth out the fiberglass on the outside. Applying that should be much easier than the fiberglass resin, but sanding body filler takes a long time.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Checkpoint 5: 5/2
2hxu0iw.jpg

1qg7pw.jpg

2iu81o7.jpg

This is with the bondo body filler. I realized too late I put too much, so I would need so much sanding. Since I don't have time, I just rushed the sanding, and painted it. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

In about 24 hours from now... AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Premiere night photos. Sorry for the bad iPhone quality and blurriness, ha. And the helmet came out terrible. Didn't have time to sand it. But I added foam inside so it's wearable now.

2hdwhue.jpg

mpt1u.jpg

syxzqc.jpg

Man dressed as Black Widow hahaha:
2bzdi9.jpg

But I learned a lot through this project. My next helmet will be (should be) so much better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.