Is it possible to add a research for a unit?

feelingparty

Reaction score
***SOLVED***
I'm looking for a similar to the "add ability" function but for researches. I don't want to replace the unit with a new one because that would make alot of problems. I think this is impossible but i wanted to ask anyway.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Eh, could you formulate that a bit clearer? I don't quite get what you're trying to say anyway...

feelingparty

Reaction score
I am using 8 researches instead of 1 research with 8 levels because I want the price to scale the way I want (for ex. 100, 200, 400, 800...) And I want each time research "1" is researched, research "2" to appear as an available research (as though I am leveling them)

laxperson808

Reaction score
You could trigger the research
a unit begins research

if the else
if owner of researching unit has (idk wat the formula would be, something X level of research being researched) gold
then do nothing
else
order unit to cancel research
game desplay text to owner of unit (you dont have enough gold)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Ah, add all the researches to the building you want to do the research. Then, have a trigger make all of them except the first one unavailable. When the first one is researched, make the second one available and so on.

feelingparty

Reaction score
Ah, add all the researches to the building you want to do the research. Then, have a trigger make all of them except the first one unavailable. When the first one is researched, make the second one available and so on.

This is what I'm looking for. But how do I do it? Which action must I use?

laxperson808

Reaction score
i was actully going for the cost thing.. but.. you cannot allow another lvl to be gotten via gui.. so id suggjest creating a unit for each upgrade (1 for ea lvl) and have a trigger that creates each unit so as to allow each to be gotten.. make it invis/have locust/0sight range and so on

rafaxik

Reaction score
Who said you couldn't raise researches gold value?
In object editor there's 2 fields to do that:
Gold Base - 0
Gold Increasement - 100

It means that you're paying 100 for level 1, 200 for lvl2, 300 for lvl3 and so on.

Researches for higher levels will be available only if previous levels were learnt.

feelingparty

Reaction score
Who said you couldn't raise researches gold value?
In object editor there's 2 fields to do that:
Gold Base - 0
Gold Increasement - 100

It means that you're paying 100 for level 1, 200 for lvl2, 300 for lvl3 and so on.

Researches for higher levels will be available only if previous levels were learnt.

I know that but i don't want 100, 200, 300 ... instead - 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 ... and so on (x2)
Anyway I solved it - Kinda dumb but... I added 8 researches with 1 level instead of 1 with 8 levels

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.