is it possible to make an aura activate via ability and with autocast...

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
i made an aura but getting it to work from an ability seems to be impossible (at least if you want auto-cast to be a part of it). what its supposed to do is target enemy units lowering their attack speed and movement speed and have a periodic effect of doing 2 damage every 3 seconds or so... Kyuft or Siretu or anyone who knows how can you help me?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
So ability-wise, you want a button to turn on/off the aura? Or did you want a button that activates the aura for like 10 seconds or so?

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
well yes a turn off aura... it would drain caster's energy slowly and then also slows down enemies attack and movement speed... and hurts him every 10 seconds dealing 2 damage.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
so you want immolation, and a trigger that adds a endurance aura when immolation is turned on, and removes it when immolation is turned off?

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
except did you read my post above yours? i want it to slow down enemies attack speed not give them more endurance... but yea... your mostly right. immolation would be good... if that means i can do what i said... yup

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You want to make your ability of the type Behaviour and make sure to check the flag Toggle (Stats: Flags property).

As far as making the ability autocast, Behaviour type abilities are designed to always be on unless the validators specified in the Ability: Auto Cast Validators + property return false. As such, the only thing that can trigger the ability to activate is the validators specified in the above mentioned property. Now I imagine you would want the ability to activate once the caster enters combat. Fortunately there is a validator called Caster In Combat which you can use. There are also a few other validators that may be more appropriate such as CasterInCombatLong or Caster Is Attacking. You will just have to try a few out and see which ones best suits your needs (you may need to even combine a couple).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.