Is it possible ?

S

sector

Hi to all members :D

Anyone know if it is possible a map can carry a virus or something like that?
I'v been thinking it very time !!

L

Lordwood

I'm guessing so, its possible that it could have some program on it, that, when your downloading it on battle.net, it would download a virus. It would be an easy way to infect your computer...but your virus protection might pick it up...although you might just thing "the supicious prograjm thats trying to download" is just the game itself when the virus protection picks up on it, and you click "OK". :confused: damn technology

Sargon

Reaction score
It wouldn't be that simple. You can't upload anything besides maps to battle.net, so it wouldn't have some sort of virus program hanging onto it.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Its impossible to get a virus from downloading a map on battle.net

Sure they can import a virus into the map. But to get the virus on your comp to do something, you would have to open the map, export the virus, then run the virus.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Warcraft III can only import certain types of files, and viruses are usually .exe's which you can't import into a map.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Then again, hacked programs and codes (like the banlist) are getting more frequently circulated on Battlenet ... But yes, it is highly unlikely (nothing is ever impossible, except for escaping from black holes ... ;) -_-) and extremely difficult to get a virus from Bnet.

S

sector

Okay forget the virus,can something crash warcraft and make him unopenable ? I think that is more possible ;P

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
... Yes, things can, have, and do crash Warcraft. I usually find out how the hard way -_- (forgetting to put an interger loop to specify a value for interger A is one way, and I think negative values or something in certain places will also crash WC3). ... Unopenable? :confused: You can always just open WC3 back up ...

And, um, why are you asking us this? ;) '.,.,.'

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That would be totally pointless.

Place a loop in your map that crashes WC3. Then go host your map on bnet.

You spend all day hosting and re-running warcraft.. And each time, you get about 6-8 people. Call it 7.

So maybe you hosted it 15 times.

So you crashed 105 people, minutes yourself, call it 90 people.

You do it TEN FULL DAYS in a row. You have no life but crashing people. Now you crashed 900 people. Not bad?

There are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of users on Bnet. You spent 10 days and got 900.

Now, not everyone plays customs. I see familiar faces all the time.

Before you get those 900, I'm sure 1/3 of them will NOT join your game again. So you probobly got less than 900.

You crashed about .002% of users. NOTHING ACHIEVED.

Now don't forget, you crashed YOUR OWN wc3 about 900 times. Yay!

THE BIGGEST DISSAPOINMENT? No one cares!

All those people that crashed? They are not mad at you. They don't give a damn. The crash and think "Gee, that map has a bug."

Big woop. And since you crashed there game, you can't even type 'Ha ha I did it on purpose' and make them angry. So you didn't even piss anyone off either.

Bottom line? Its not even worth time considering.

S

sector

You probably created wrong opinion for me :rolleyes:
I thought this idea would be interest for discuss

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
if someone is creating a crash map then im pretty sure they could be smart enough to set it to give them enough time to get out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.