Is ScumEdit 2 going to use JASS? GUI? Will it use another scripting syntax?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know. Because if I don't know, what would happened is that I might waste my time on a scripting syntax for Warcraft 3, only to realize that ScumEdit 2 might be using a different syntax.

If I known this before learning JASS, I could avoid wasting those precious time, and learn a new syntax for ScumEdit 2.

So, can anyone verify, or answer this thread? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Apparently the language for SC2's editor will be "C-based", which is pretty ambiguous. It is likely that it will be different from Jass.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So, If I learn that scripting syntax first, then would I be having an advantage in ScumEdit 2?

About the C-based rumor, can anyone give me a probability of confirming it?

Yay! JASS, bye-bye!

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The probability is 1.0

Though, what exactly "C based" might be is anyone's guess until we see some actual code.

As for your worries, that's the wrong way of looking at it.
You most likely will have to learn a somewhat different syntax, but general programming principles and ideas are still valid if the language changes...

And, even if, there's still nothing wrong with learning JASS.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are in a different syntax, learning how to handle the structures, the functions and the codes, is like going from Visual Basic to C#.

Totally different, but at least I know some common things, like structures, namespaces, etc.

Wait, couldn't the Starcraft 2 demo maps be allowed to see the codes in the ScumEdit 2?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.