Is there a campaign editor?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Basically is there a tool like the campaign editor from WC3 where you can edit units and abilities and such once and have them carry over to each map in the campaign? If there is, where is it and are there any tutorials on how to use it?

Thanks.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The Campaign Editor, is in fact the StarCraft II Editor. f you want to know how to make a campaign, you should try and do this:

1. Run StarCraft II Editor.
2. Click on "Open...", or press Ctrl + O.
3. At the top of the pop-up, there are three tabs. Choose the "Campaign" tab.

*Make sure you have finished the Wings of Liberty campaign*

4. Choose any map you want. I recommend opening the map up in chronological order, from the beginning to the end of a chapter.
5. Open up the Trigger Editor, and study them well.
6. Blizzard had placed many tips, tricks, tutorials, and comments in each of the campaign maps within the Trigger Editor. Those are the places everyone should be looking at first when they wanted to create awesome SC2 maps.

7. Other than that, even I didn't have enough time to study how to link maps together into a campaign. I do know, campaign maps are a pack of single maps, with triggers linking them across each other, to form a chain. Learning how to save/load unit properties and other things is a challenge you should try before making the link between two different maps in one campaign.

I hoped one day you'll be able to teach others how to make good campaign maps. This is your starting point. Good luck.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Basically is there a tool like the campaign editor from WC3 where you can edit units and abilities and such once and have them carry over to each map in the campaign? If there is, where is it and are there any tutorials on how to use it?

Thanks.

To answer the question about carrying data over, they're probably using Banks, but I've not checked. Banks save a file to the local player's Documents\Starcraft II folder with a unique* name, or should.

(*: The name depends on the map maker... They overwrite if the map maker isn't unique I think.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.