Is there a 'smart' order?

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
I want to modify the charge ability to issue a right-click order instead of an attack order.

The basic problem I'm trying to solve is that if you cast charge on a point, the zealot attack-moves and so will be distracted by enemies. Also, if you cast charge on an allied unit, you attack it instead of running to it.

I still want the zealot to attack enemy units when charging them, so 'Move' won't work.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I was thinking you would be using the trigger editor for this, I didn't know the data editor did orders at all - my bad

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
I was thinking you would be using the trigger editor for this, I didn't know the data editor did orders at all - my bad

Well, in this context, the order is sortof 'what charge does while zealot runs fast'. But there's also no 'smart' order in the trigger editor, at least not that I saw.

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a Smart-Click ability command that you can merely plugin to the Charge ability.

I would aim for a trigger solution as well. When unit begins casting charge ability, check if target unit is enemy. If so, use the Catalog action to change Charge's ability command to Attack, otherwise change it to Move.

Or if you want to keep this strictly in the data editor, perhaps you can give the Charge two Issue Order effects, one for move and one for attack. Then give them validators to check whether target is enemy or ally.

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
I avoided this issue by using an ability based on stim pack instead. It makes more sense anyways, since the target is redundant once you allow points.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.