Is there an easier way of doing this?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
O.K. Some of you may have seen my 'How to make a protect the supplies movement system' and this is, I guess, partially linked to that but, is there an easier way of doing this than the way I am currently doing. For all of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I am attempting to make a mission like the second RoC orc mission or the (7th?) NE mission in TFT where you play as a hero and some units trying to protect a slow moving supply train whilst it travels across a long and winding path on which many enemies come and try to destroy the supply wagon. Now, currently I am creating 1 million and 1 regions so that I can keep the formation of units across all the 'Breadcrumbs' (The points that the caravan has to pass on its way to the end of the path). I'm wondering if anyone can think of an easier way to do this.
TY

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I am attempting to make a mission like the second RoC orc mission or the (7th?) NE mission in TFT where you play as a hero and some units trying to protect a slow moving supply train whilst it travels across a long and winding path on which many enemies come and try to destroy the supply wagon.

You could probably open them and see what's going on/how blizzard did it? : ))

I am almost sure they didn't use "1 million and 1 regions"... maybe ~half a million ^^

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Make a crude formation using triggers?

What I mean is, if you designate a "head" unit, that basically moves along planned regions. Then you find the relative position of all units in relation to the "head"....and have a periodic trigger make sure they stick to that relative position. This way you only have to script the movement of one unit, while the other units follow with a simple periodic check.

Skully

Reaction score
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean. But I THINK if you just make a unit group with all the units you want to move, then order it to move, it will do what you want.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean. But I THINK if you just make a unit group with all the units you want to move, then order it to move, it will do what you want.

I've done that but it doesn't keep the formation.

I have opened Blizzards version up and the use a few regions just as the 'move to' regions (48 or so). Also, they used triggers to move their original regions to new positions, which I don't know how to move them to the locations I need them to be in.

Oh well, I Guess I'll just have to keep making more and more regions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.