Is there integrated graphics card on this rig?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hi,

I am helping my sister to pick out a computer for her to buy, and I stumbled onto this thing:

# 483001 - Cooler Master Sileo 500, 500W PSU Svart, Fläktar: 1x 120mm Front, 1x 120mm Bak, ljudabsorberande, 500W PSU
# 576803 - Intel Core™ i3 Dual-core Processor i3-540, 3,06GHz, Socket LGA1156, 4MB, Boxed
# 352064 - Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 2GB, CL9 Non-ECC, 1.5V, 256Meg x 64, 240pin
# 576879 - Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H, H55, Socket-1156, 4xDDR3, m-ATX, GbLAN, VGA, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
# 430708 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-300, 16MB, 7200RPM
# 303162 - Antistatic Armchain 180cm

Now I am not really sure if it is just to put it together and run it.
I know that every part is there but I can't find anything that tells me that there is an integrated graphics card for that motherboard.
So my questions are is it a good rig?
Do I have to find here a graphics card to make it work?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The Core i3 series chips have graphics built directly into the CPU. So you could get a discrete card to improve graphics performance, but that should work fine how it is.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I suspected that with it having a GPU incorporated into the design^^
Thank you very much for you reply Ghan :)
Perhaps I should write how well it worked here later because it is so new:D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely. I'm interested to hear how well the new chips perform with graphics as compared with older integrated graphics and discrete cards.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Then I will post it in a separate thread :) I can try warcraft 3 on it just for fun^^
I hope that it works with windows XP though, since I don't have windows 7 and only vista 64bits :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I understood the integrated graphics only works on the h series motherboards, not the p series... yours should have it and work fine

mobo.png

I see a VGA and a DVI out on that motherboard.. so it looks good

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that as well, but the page did not say anything about an integrated graphics card so I was a bit confused there^^

It is a good thing that we have TH to help with these kind of things:thup:

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Antistatic Armchain 180cm
Touch the metal area of case before starting assemble the pc then the static charges will gone. :)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I understood the integrated graphics only works on the h series motherboards, not the p series... yours should have it and work fine
Well, anyway. You should avoid anything that has an integrated parts video card graphics and so on.
If you want to buy a good comp.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Antistatic Armchain 180cm
Touch the metal area of case before starting assemble the pc then the static charges will gone. :)

I knew that^^ I actually used the ESD armchain for the first time in my whole life^^

Anyhow, I have assembled the comp now, it took me about 5 hours which is not that bad considering that I was so nervous that I was sweating like a pig and had to stop every half hour just so that I would not drip sweat on the motherboard:p

It is just crazy how different it looks considering the last comp I put together was about 5 years ago:eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.