Is this codeable?

xan029

Reaction score
title says, asking if this skill is codeable, im a noob at testmap making, im suggesting hero ideas at playdota but i dont know how to make testmap for my heroes

Can this be coded?

Level 4 - Main target will only be using 50% of mana cost. The other 50% will be used to replenish the mana of linked target. Lasts 6 seconds.

Explanation

Links Main Target + 2 random allied heroes/units/neutrals with mana.The main target will only be using xx% mana cost and the link units will gain xx% mana. max of 3 linked units(main target, linked unit, linked unit)

Ex. Targeted to CM casted Ulti 400mana(not sure), She will be using 50% of this(200) and then the 2 linked units will be gaining the 50% spellcost(200, 100 each unit)(lvl4). Cannot be casted if the main target has no nearby units, if main target has only one nearby units, that unit will gain 50% of manacost instead of 25%.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
wow, the second hero idea is really nice. Do you imnd if i use it in my map for making a similar hero? P.s. I can tell you how to make the spells, just im not on my computor, but on my phone.

xan029

Reaction score
wow, the second hero idea is really nice. Do you imnd if i use it in my map for making a similar hero? P.s. I can tell you how to make the spells, just im not on my computor, but on my phone.

yes you can, but pls make individual test maps for them:D

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
ok, ill put you in credits and other, just give me an e-mail or somthing, so i can send you the test files. (if you want i can publish them here too)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
this is code-able, but it would be a pain in IceFrog's piece, why?
Lets say I have a map with only two spells
Storm bolt: Mana cost 140
God's Strength: Mana cost 120

to do this, I need to create some sort of variable to have the spell's data in it, so:
JASS:
private integer array spell
private integer array mana
set spell[0] = 'A000' //storm bolt's raw code
set spell[1] = 'A001' //god's strength's raw code
set mana[0] = 140
set mana[1] = 120

then I need to create triggers like checking if what kind of spell is used, and then do the linking stuffs, then check if the spell used is equal to a value inside the spell array variable, and if it returns true, then it returns the right data for its mana cost...and do some stuffs

this can be done easily if I only have 2 spells or 3 or close enough, but think about dota? how many spells do IceFrog need to input its data in a variable? and most spells have different mana cost in each level (100/120/130/140), meaning there would be another ability level check

yes it is code-able but painful

im good at suggesting but not at testmap making
and please remember that a good warcraft 3 map suggester is also a good map maker

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
i am not so sure that it will be SO hard to do it, because you can make a trigger that checks the total mana used in 0.01 second, it can make visible bugs somtimes, but it will work. And i know at least 3 people that gave me great hero ideas, but they cant even trigger a unit walk from point to point ;)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i am not so sure that it will be SO hard to do it, because you can make a trigger that checks the total mana used in 0.01 second, it can make visible bugs somtimes, but it will work. And i know at least 3 people that gave me great hero ideas, but they cant even trigger a unit walk from point to point ;)
yes you can, talk about mana burn, mana break and some mana restoring skills

kaboo

Reaction score
this is code-able, but it would be a pain in IceFrog's piece, why?
Lets say I have a map with only two spells
Storm bolt: Mana cost 140
God's Strength: Mana cost 120

to do this, I need to create some sort of variable to have the spell's data in it, so:
JASS:
private integer array spell
private integer array mana
set spell[0] = 'A000' //storm bolt's raw code
set spell[1] = 'A001' //god's strength's raw code
set mana[0] = 140
set mana[1] = 120

then I need to create triggers like checking if what kind of spell is used, and then do the linking stuffs, then check if the spell used is equal to a value inside the spell array variable, and if it returns true, then it returns the right data for its mana cost...and do some stuffs

this can be done easily if I only have 2 spells or 3 or close enough, but think about dota? how many spells do IceFrog need to input its data in a variable? and most spells have different mana cost in each level (100/120/130/140), meaning there would be another ability level check

yes it is code-able but painful

and please remember that a good warcraft 3 map suggester is also a good map maker

Code:
trigger 1
events - unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions - ability being cast equal to this spell
actions
-set main target targeted unit
-set aditional targets with unit group
Code:
trigger 2
events - unit begins casting an ability
conditions - unit has buff -> buff of your ability
actions - set init mana = current mana of casting unit
Code:
trigger 3
events - unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions - unit has buff -> buff of your ability
actions
-set curent mana = current mana of casting unit
-unit set mana of casting unit to mana of casting unit + ((init mana-current mana)/2)
-unit set mana of additional targets to mana of casting unit + ((init mana-current mana)/2)
its just hand written non-complete gui code, but i think that in jass it will be even more simple

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.