Is this "game" the way you thought it is ?

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
i mean is it like you wanted to be ? and i speak about Diablo3 i think is way to childish the fact that you cant chose your spells and be bound to them is bad... the feeling is way to calm even in dungeons and so on ... the champs first armors and followers look just like heroes from WOW ... was it that hard to make graphics from point0 with gore and so on . they had so much time and they ruin it with bad decisions:| ...i wanted a new game that i can be proud to say "I play Diablo 3" but now i'm disappointed ... just like SC2... wasted my money on it :| and i never play it ... i won't play diablo either:|

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
It's everything I want it to be and more. I loved D2. But this is such a niche game that will be so easy to pick up and play. It will be challenging at higher difficulties much like D2 was without so much of the tediousness that came with it.

What you call childish is most likely the removal of tedious and confusing mechanics. Spending more time figuring out what is going on is not necessarily "harder" or "more challenging" it's just annoying imo.

Looking at your stats for small decisions and theorycrafting is fun (and available in D3 in several ways), but spending time outside of the game finding out how how many points to put into dex and str is not so compelling. Especially so when you find out that there is a specific way to build your character that is mathematically the most efficient and becomes widely known as the right way to balance your stats. You end up building some characters that are just plain wrong and can't make it through harder difficulties if you just wing it.

Choosing your spells and binding them to only two buttons or holding the spell choices open while fighting is also not very compelling. Especially when you can hold out for later spells and you trash the older ones.

The armors and champions don't look like wow characters imo. This is subjective.

There is gore. A lot of it. Even more of it actually...

SC2 is just as challenging to play as SC1 if not more. The difference is probably that SC2 is more challenging than you currently want to invest with and D3 will be a very good game for both noobs and pros as well as those with a lot of time and those with a few minutes to spare here and there. This is the Blizzard design philosophy at its best.

ps: I believe everyone would agree that D3 is a game.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
i mean is it like you wanted to be ? and i speak about Diablo3 i think is way to childish the fact that you cant chose your spells and be bound to them is bad... the feeling is way to calm even in dungeons and so on ... the champs first armors and followers look just like heroes from WOW ... was it that hard to make graphics from point0 with gore and so on . they had so much time and they ruin it with bad decisions:| ...i wanted a new game that i can be proud to say "I play Diablo 3" but now i'm disappointed ... just like SC2... wasted my money on it :| and i never play it ... i won't play diablo either:|

Excuse but.....WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
well i suppose I'm the weird one in this situation ... so thanks for taking your time in answering this "question" maybe my expectations were way to high:)

Dan

Reaction score
Kira does have high expectations. XD

I believe you will be very surprised at how awesome the game turns out. In fact, let's make a bet. If you love it to death when you play it and it puts all your doubts to rest, you +rep me and change your picture to "L" for a week. If you don't, I'll name my first character RangerX and +rep you.

Deal?

Also, how can you not love SC2? The campaign itself is worth the money. My computer sucks and I can't really play competitively, but it's pretty fantastic. The editor is pro too.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
well that editor is fantastic;) but i don't have time for spell/maps making like old days when i was doing war3;) and it's a deal .

Dan

Reaction score
;) *shakes hand*

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
If D3 was to stick to the world and atmosphere of the franchise, it ought to have more Christian/Satanic references as opposed to Shaolin/Caribbean (monk/witchdoctor). It should have had a Knight class and not a monk, ffs

teutonicknights.jpg

:thdown:

the current outlook of the game is not "Diablo" but simply "gory WoW"

Dan

Reaction score
If D3 was to stick to the world and atmosphere of the franchise, it ought to have more Christian/Satanic references as opposed to Shaolin/Caribbean (monk/witchdoctor). It should have had a Knight class and not a monk, ffs

teutonicknights.jpg

:thdown:

the current outlook of the game is not "Diablo" but simply "gory WoW"

I disagree with you entirely for so many reasons but I will only mention one at a time.

The monk is a European styled monk..

nolabel

Reaction score
I'm feeling compelled to throw my two cents in since Dan here seems to be a rather intelligent and practices good spelling/grammar skills. Why does this compel me? I have no idea. Anyway...

I agree with Ioannes as far as the atmosphere topic is concerned. Even though D3 is obviously going to have a lot to do with Tristram which will likely mean we can expect some Old School Diablo 1 type of Satanic/Nightmarish sense of dread. However I feel that the game as a whole will lack the ability to continue this sense and feeling unlike Diablo 1 which carried it's core atmosphere through the whole game. I liked Diablo 1 simply for that reason too. The game was just creepy and you couldn't help but feel something was terribly wrong the whole time. Even when you were in town you couldn't feel "safe". Speaking of the town, I still to this very day find the NCP's and their dialog interesting, unlike in Diablo 2 where I couldn't stand to hear anyone talk after the very first time I beat the game.

I also don't like the way the game looks color/graphics wise. I can see the WoW references that people keep making despite how much I try to convince myself that those people are just haters. I feel the game could have went in a new direction graphics wise like the D3 team wanted, but could have kept a dreary and dark feel that is still pleasing to the eyes.

Regarding other elements of D3 and what it is "going to be" I'd have to say I agree with most of what Dan has said so far in the games defense. This game will likely be solid in almost all aspects. I'm just very much on the "I miss the Diablo 1 feel/atmosphere" bandwagon.

I do appreciate the D3 team really trying to pull back and dive into Diablo 1's core values and lore. It's not very often that you get that kind of "heart and soul" put into a 2nd or 3rd title of a game series.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Bought Diablo 3 just a few days ago. Took about 12 hours to play through normal. Not OK for a RPG.

It seems a lot more messy and confusing than Diablo 2, but not as hard. Not OK for the time it took.

The skill system is kinda exciting when you play, at least the first time, but I have a feeling it won't be much fun at all the second time. You really have no possibilities to build you character the way you'd like. Not OK.

But it was fun. Far from the best game I've ever played, but a lot of nice explosions and special effects and so on. For an RPG I give it 3/10, for a click-and-killgame I'll give it a strong 6/10.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I back up Ioannes on this one. Dan, European monks are almost 100% like what Decard Cain was in D2 -> robes in black or gray, beard and usually long hair. They had no combat capabilities what so ever.

I also agree with Ioannes that the game has lost most of it's Heaven vs Hell character types BUT I honestly don't find it as a bad thing. Now the game world is more full, which gives the feeling of a large, epic world.

Overall from what I've seen so far (still hoping to get a guest pass) It looks different, but in a good way.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
The game isn't really Heaven vs. Hell so much as Humanity vs. Hell. I am in Act 3 and love the game so far. Yes it is easy, but you are on Normal mode. Wait until you get to hell and Inferno. You won't be complaining of how easy it is then

Dan

Reaction score
Bought Diablo 3 just a few days ago. Took about 12 hours to play through normal. Not OK for a RPG.

It seems a lot more messy and confusing than Diablo 2, but not as hard. Not OK for the time it took.

The skill system is kinda exciting when you play, at least the first time, but I have a feeling it won't be much fun at all the second time. You really have no possibilities to build you character the way you'd like. Not OK.

But it was fun. Far from the best game I've ever played, but a lot of nice explosions and special effects and so on. For an RPG I give it 3/10, for a click-and-killgame I'll give it a strong 6/10.

I respect your opinion. Your first two points are fair, though diablo is about replayability more so than it is playing through one endless story. It always has been, in fact.

I am having trouble understanding what you mean about the skill system. You can check "elective mode" in your game menu and there is no limit to which abilities you can put on your bars.
Also, there are quite a bit more options than there were in D2 when it comes to skills that you can use.

Dan

Reaction score
I back up Ioannes on this one. Dan, European monks are almost 100% like what Decard Cain was in D2 -> robes in black or gray, beard and usually long hair. They had no combat capabilities what so ever.

I also agree with Ioannes that the game has lost most of it's Heaven vs Hell character types BUT I honestly don't find it as a bad thing. Now the game world is more full, which gives the feeling of a large, epic world.

Overall from what I've seen so far (still hoping to get a guest pass) It looks different, but in a good way.

The "European Monk" feel is not my opinion, it's factual. Several Blizzard employees have stated that the monk has European monk inspiration. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about lol.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I didn't at first either, it is quite helpful though.
Also turn on advanced tooltips, it will tell you what exactly the skills do, how much damage they, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.