Is this legal?

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Is it okay for a person to take some music from copyrighted material (a game, for example) and use it for his map if due credit is given? I don't wanna get sued, but I found some kickass music that I can use in my map. +Rep to the first person to give me a decent answer.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think so, but no one gives a shit.
Also depends on country.
But seriously, no one will sue you.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Unless you're begging for it by saying that you made the music :p

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
A lot of people have mailed the developers of the game from which you want to use something, asking for permission to use it in their WC3 maps. The usual answer is that it's okay if credit is given aswell as the user doesn't claim to have created it him/herself.

So it's probably best to ask the developers if you're uncertain.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to mail Konami about that. lol. Anyway, + rep to... everyone I guess. Thanks again.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
You never know unless you try, mainly. Jumping out from a window in belief that you can fly is just plain stupid, but you got nothing to loose, really by trying.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Preaty sure it isn't... Don't waste your valuble time on waiting for aproval. Just use it, no 1 will say anything to you. I mean most of the maps use the Double Kill/Triple Kill/Mega kill/Godlike but no 1 gets sued by Quake or CS or whatever game they r from... My advise is: Use them

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you are not making money using copyrighted material it is acceptable, but if the owner claims a removal of copyrighted material and you don't, I'll see you in court.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.