Is this map optimizer + protector good?

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
If you want, I can teach you a few good ways to protect the map privately with some conditions ^^
However, I aren't sure if the ways are reliable
Message me if you are interested
And btw map optizmizer isnt so good, i can break it with one programme

mapguy

Reaction score
If you want, I can teach you a few good ways to protect the map privately with some conditions ^^
However, I aren't sure if the ways are reliable
Message me if you are interested
And btw map optizmizer isnt so good, i can break it with one programme

you can, but lots of people don't :D

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
you go online and search for it
In the internet it is common to break map optimizer protect and extprotect also

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deprotecting maps is very easy; just extracting code even easier.

The optimizer however, not only 'protects' the map from the vast majority, but as the name suggests, it also serves to reduce the file size of the map. The optimizer also renames functions and variables within the code to make it virtually unreadable, once the map is deprotected.

Vexorians Optimizer is the best map protector/optimizer out there.

mapguy

Reaction score
Deprotecting maps is very easy; just extracting code even easier.

The optimizer however, not only 'protects' the map from the vast majority, but as the name suggests, it also serves to reduce the file size of the map. The optimizer also renames functions and variables within the code to make it virtually unreadable, once the map is deprotected.

Vexorians Optimizer is the best map protector/optimizer out there.

The link I've post is correct?
The verorians optimizer has any bug or f*** any trigger?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
The link I've post is correct?
The verorians optimizer has any bug or f*** any trigger?

Well if you protect the map, you won't be able to open the map using World Editor anyways. If you're asking if it affects the triggers in-game, no it doesn't.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, the Optimizer isn't so nice if you imported a good amount of .wav sounds.

mapguy

Reaction score
but vexorian isn't easy to deprotect?

Cause I really don't know if I want a protected or unprotected map...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
but vexorian isn't easy to deprotect?

Maps are easy to deprotect. The point is to prevent your average everyday player from opening the map and editing it, to reduce file size, and with Widgetizer, to reduce loading time of the map.

By the way, Vexorian is a person. Not some map. =.=

If your map did became popular, you would be asking: "I really don't know if I want my map to be safe to idiots or end up with 1000 fake copies with cheats, edited values, and the like".

I think optimizing is necessary for big maps, look at DotA, imagine it without such actions. Lulz. Actually I've read it took 10 minutes just to load a game way back.

By the way: this is the latest.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
As has been stated, Vexorians Optimizer would be your best bet.

It's impossible to completely protect the map. Vex's will protect it against the average folk. If you want to go farther you can add some broken syntax after you already optimize the map (code that the map will never use, but will make saving impossible, even after deprotecting).

But if someone really wants to edit your map... they can just extract the script and then import a modified version.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
IN other words...which map opt+prot I should use and how can I do that syntax thing?

Just use Vexorian's Optimizer. I'm doubting anyone skilled enough to modify it will even bother to do so due to lack of interest.

Besides:

But if someone really wants to edit your map... they can just extract the script and then import a modified version.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Here's the answer to your question:

Use Vexorian's optimizer. It will make your map a much smaller size, and reduce loading time. It will also prevent most people from being able to open your map. Anyone who knows how will still be able to get into it, but they'd be able to get into it either way... so using the optimizer: 1) reduces load time, 2) reduces map size, and 3) reduces the number of people who can mess with your map. In other words, no drawbacks! (Remember to keep the original file so you can open it though. ;) )

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's quit talking about how to deprotect a map, shall we?

There is no such thing as perfect map protection. As long as Wc3 can read the map, it's possible to open it in the editor with a few tweaks. However, even once the map is open, chances are that it's almost uneditable due to the code being obfuscated.

Protection will stop a vast majority of the editing community from opening your map, and you'll find that the small percentage of mappers who are able to edit your map, will likely have no benefit from it, as they could make a better map themselves (and will likely have very high standards).

Optimization is neat with maps played over Battle.net. A few (hundred) kilobytes saved is certainly welcome.

mapguy

Reaction score
Whats the link for the last vexorian's optimizer?
Is the link I've post some time ago?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.