Island Troll Tribes Experiences

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I remember somebody complaining about the different maps out there, and one of them was Island Troll Tribes. Mainly the problem with that map is that unless everyone was well experienced with the map (not noob) then the game would be
quite horrible.

I was wondering about some of the experiences you may have had while playing the map. Personally, I usually played with a friend of mine, frequently on voice chat (yeah, its cheap...but we didn't always use it.) He was the gatherer and i was the hunter. He was an excellent gatherer. We usually fortified like crazy... Imagine 14 towers , most of them with entangling root, and backed up with snare traps. Yeah. Insane. Oh, might I mention that some of those said towers had steel axes?

After a while, we would get bored, and chase after the other teams. Either that, or they came to us. Guess what happens. Heck, when we went team chasing, my friend, the gatherer, was just as much of a threat as I was, armed to the teeth.

We only lost like once or twice, usually due to either A.) noobs on our team. B.) Rushers C.) Both. We were just very well organized. We had a fur trading post, where we kept an eye out for ships and bought anything and everything we needed.

So, how does your typical game go?

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
usually its a ton of typing at the start...

like don't build buildings by the camp fire, DUDE YOU NEED SOME FOOD, etc
game usually ends in leavers

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
i only like that game when everyone playing is pro, pretty much, the game starts out with u selecting a hero, ppl are typign like OOO im gether, NO im gatherer , and IM t3h HUNTER!!!! (newbies) or Im Gatherer, im Hunter, Im thief, and bleh. then the gatherer or the team as a whole go and find a place to set up camp with, then u struggle for survival, the only reason noobs are hated in this game is because u need to know howto play just to keep your guy alive. then theres the whole TEAM cooperation thing, noobs dont usually fare well in this field, 100% of the time the team needs to put all of ther items in one big pile for later use, a noob will just take everything selfishly or because he doesnt know better.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I play that game a lot.

I spent 4 horus playing island troll tribes :p

its addicting. I play with my friends so its probably more fun than playing with strangers

R

Razmataz

I'd say that Island Troll Tribes is good, but only the gatherer can get items - Thats why I rate Jungle Troll Tribes 9/10. Hard, bosses o_O and can last longer.

A

Adversorian

Best Game

I think that Island Troll Tribes is the best map on wc3 . . . but playing with noobs may realy ruine the whole game. As one of you said before... its best to play with friends and against friends. Best troll is thief in my opinin...

btw. what items can u put in towers ?

p.s if u wanna join itt clan join channel ward on northrend. I'm shaman so i can get you in if u like to. GL to all itt players

N

noble-elf

island troll tribes is the best game on wc3 but the sad thing is iam all ways with noobs or am playing with noobs and it does not last 30min it sucks

my fav troll is thief

and jungle troll sucks 2/10

and island troll best 10/10

and i think the best team is theaf-beast-gath and hunter

N

Naine

Island Troll Tribes is hard to get a hang of. Though, once you get it's fun. that is the downfall in my opinion. Because the "Noobs" don't know how to play, and it will take them more than one game to learn.

Ice Troll Tribes is easier to get the hang of in my opinion. Both are challenging, but one seems easier to learn.

Those are my opinions on the map :D

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I died in noobie time only once! :D

Then I good at it. Its so fun! The Only Survival game that is fun.

K

KaOtIx

Leavers -.-

also: Does anyone know how to hold the "2 Axes, 1 Boot, 1 Armor, 1 Glove, 1 Scroll" at once without using a gatherer? The info at beginning always says you're able to, but I've never figured it out.

H

H_rookworst

;)

ey all... I dunno if u can post replays here... but I can show you some 1 v4v4 skills if you would like;p thief pwns! very fast mage mashers and attack, at begin hunting with fire: close em in and then attack.

or i play with my friend hans_leverworst, its like the same tactic only with more exp, because hes hunter.

this game rules! only I think hypnotist is bit overpowered if played well.

* whisper me if u need advice or if you want a 1on1 fight.

Greetz 2 all,

Hans_rookworst

ps: visit channel: hansworst

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
uhhh one time i was running away from my friend (the enemy) and a deer was blocking my path.

i died.

the lesson is: "deer in warcraft 3 have too big of a collision size"

Mullit

Reaction score
hans - i think i played against you and your friend a few days ago, i think it was 2v3v3, do you play on northrend?

L

lascha

Mullit said:
hans - i think i played against you and your friend a few days ago, i think it was 2v3v3, do you play on northrend?

yes, probably he does, the nicknames contain dutch words :p "rookworst" and "leverworst". I might be wrong :D

I

Island-Troll

Best game ever

I think that island troll tribes is the best game. i know aswell the versions ice troll tribes and jungle troll tribes but the island is the best. im loving it and the hole number of things and combos make this game simply the best. But theres only one think i missed: the continuing after the win. i always tried to get all the hints, all the tools, all the poitions... but its impossible in one game. though the longest game i played was over 4 hours (!). Plz map-creaters, make a new version for single training after a win... I love you all for making this map.. thx a lot...

U

Unregistered

Island Troll Tribes is my favorite game on WC3. Personally i like it when theres no noobs. but when there is noobs i try to help them out as much as i can, een if there not on my team. Ice troll tribes i like but is a bit rigged, if your out hunting alone and come across the enemy base your basically dead. everyone ghas a net so you cant run. Jungle i never like much cause how slow it is in the beginning. Island Troll Tribes is the best troll tribe game.

My favorite is the Beastmaster. basically what i do is solo most of the time. i reach lvl 14 while ppl are still 6s. seems not alot of ppl like Beastmaster, so its good cause i get to be him alot. I can also be the Gatherer even tho i dispise him. If anyone needs help in Island Troll Tribes i will be more then happy to help you, but i cant host so you'll have to find someone to host.

U

Unregistered

receipes?

can s1 tell me receipes for island troll tribes? Like Anabolic Potion i dont find that one out :/

icq 120 344 766 or noda ATT macnews DOT de

W

wadey666

Island troll tribes is my fav game in WC3:TFT but im unfortunate because i cant host so whenever im online im always hunting 1 down:banghead:

also i hate it when a game is caled "ISLAND TROLL TRIBES PRO!!!!!" and when the game begins your team mates tell you they are newb noobs who can barley click on the elks meaning the gatherer (me) had to go out and hunt aswel as collect materials while they stood next to the camp fire stealing all the food:mad:

Mullit

Reaction score
I have to agree that unless everyone in the game knows how to play it is not that enjoyble because you either spend all your time teaching the newbs and die quite early or you can kill the other team after about 30 mins of playing. either way its not great if there are newbs in the game.

On the other hand, if everyone knows how the game works then its a great game to play. I dont play it much anymore but it is definately one of the better WC3 maps that have been made.

Overall Id say its fairly hard to grasp how the game works but once youve got it, its a blast.

G

g1real

Played it a lot of times.. its different then jungle.. but from my expierence i just noticed that island is better in most points.. balanced system... modes pwn a lot.. etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.