Issue Order Effect for Structures

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
This is something fairly straight forward but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I've created an Effect - Target type ability and set the effect to an Issue Order effect which orders the caster to attack the targeted unit. I've then given this ability to a structure and it doesn't work. When I click on the ability, I immediately get a Must Target Unit error before I get a chance to select the target of the ability. What doesn't make any sense though, is that if I give the exact same ability to a unit, it works perfectly.

I have set Stats: Arc property to 360 on the ability so I know the building doesn't have to face the target in order to work. I have also done some further debugging and figured out that if the caster is able to move (eg a unit) then it works fine. If however the caster is unable to move (eg a structure) I get the error describe above. I can't think of any reason why this is happening.

So is anyone able to give a structure an ability which issues an order to the caster (doesn't matter which order the unit receives)?

Thanks

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
This is strange. I don't know why it doesn't work. However, I did find a simple workaround.

Make the ability start a Set effect with the issue order inside. Try it out and see if it works for you as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.