Issue Order effect, which should order a unit to unburrow, does not work if unit is spamordered?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I got a unit which have a burrow ability, which applies a a buff behavior to the unit which should expire and order the unit to unburrow. This works as it should, but if I spamorder the unit with (for instance) a move order, it skips the unburrow order, and stays unburrowed.

How do I make sure that the issue order order is not skipped? I checked the preemt flag to make the unit keep it's orders, other than that it's just the standard issue order effect.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have two quick ideas that I haven't tested out.

1. Check transient so it can cast while moving. Although I realized just as I wrote this that there might not be a transient flag for morphs...

2. Make the unit uncommandable with a behavior just before morphing. This way, your unit shouldn't respond to the movement orders and burrow correctly. I'm not sure if this is what you want, but it should work.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Well, this might need some backstory for you to proberly understand it ;)

I am having 2 morph abilities, burrow and unburrow. Both morph instantly.
I also have 2 instant abilities (one for each morph ability) with the transcient flag checked. Both abilities have an issue order effect with preemt flag checked, that orders the unit to unburrow or burrow, so the morph will not cancel move orders.

The burrow ability applies the burrow behavior to the caster, which lasts for 3 seconds, and the expire effect set to an effect, that orders the unit to use the unburrow ability.

It works fine, but it's causing the player to be able to spam click, and skip the unburrow effecissue order effect.

I do not think that I make the unit uncontrolable, because that would not work out with the concept of making it very fluid, but instead maybe have the unit stop instead.

EDIT:
I tried using the uncommandable idea, and it works, thank you mate :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.