Issue with spawn larva ability

INCINERATE

Reaction score
ok guys, i am trying to recreate my footmen map that i had in war3 for sc2.

so for anyone that hasnt played footmen frenzy.

you basically have a hero and an autospawning army , the goal of the game is to kill stuff to get gold . which then allows you to buy items or a better army . you can upgrade you base from tier 1 archers, to tier 2 hunts, tier 3 drayads ( this an example)

so anyway i was thinking of using the "spawn larva behaviour" from the hatcherys in sc2 to set up my spawn system, however no matter what i do .. apparently it always starts of with 24 units surrounding my base , and it never spawns a unit until i kill off one of my own units . so it seems it cant go past 24 units at all... i have looked to find why this is fucking up so much, but to no success, it honestly must be hard-coded or something, cause its a failure.

so how would i set up a spawning system based on what tier i am on since i cant use this ability, or maybe i am missing something and this ability can be used? any help appreicated

Arkless

Reaction score
I see 2 very easy ways. The first is to create a buff type behaviour wich triggers a spawn ability as fast as you want. The second would be a trigger with an endless loop which activates when you build your building and deactivates (with an if then else containing a break) when the building changes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.