Item Level Requirement

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
How exactly do I go about making an Item Level Requirement. As in when my hero picks up a Level 3 item, when he is Level 2 instead of equipping it as normal, it instead goes to your Inventory boxes? I think I could manage a system that just makes it so he cannot pick up the item at all unless he is a certain Level, but would rather make it it go to your inventory and just restricting you from equipping it as that is better in my opinion. I have looked at Unit Manipulates Inventory Item but can't see a function for whether or not the unit equips the said item... Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this? I would really appreciate the help! I am currently working on an RPG called Monstercraft, and would like to implement this system in it.

Thanks!
Fire-Wolf
SC2 Name: Arctic

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
What you could do, is to create a requirement that checks if the unit is level 4 (for example), and give the requirement to both the item, and the item behavior.

This would make the item go grey when the unit is not the correct level. It would be possible to equip, but the effect of the item would not apply untill the unit is level 4.

The requirement should look like this;
yTBiqz1.jpg

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea! I had thought of doing Requirements but wasn't sure if they could check a units level. I will try this and see how it works. Thanks for helping me out!

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Actually I tried implementing what you told me, it did make the item look disabled but then it still gave me the equipment buff and I did add the requirement to the buff so it shouldn't have. It also made the item description look funny with the requirement text in the description. Another thing to note after removing the buff's requirement and creating a new validator that checked the hero's level and then put it in the Validators Remove section of the buff the item worked how you stated it should. I decided to do away with level requirements for my items anyways, but I just thought I should let you know how it worked!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.