item recipies???

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok iv seen maps where u can buy an item that makes a recipie evan if ur inventory is full
what is done to make this happen?

say the recipie needs claws and guantlet and the recipie item to make bla bla

and your hero currently has
mana potion/hp potion/shield/boots/claws/guantlet(so its full)
then when your hero buys the recipie for the item bla bla it can still buy it and the recipie is made.

i know how to make item recipies just not when ur inventory is already full

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
thanks but no thanks?
i dont want a system also this is in vjass witch i dont want to use at all and i dont know how to use

all i need is how do u make the recipie for when the heros inventory is already full.... you would normaly get your inventory is full warning/thingo

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
I am not sure but i think they make it like a tome kind but with +0 stats and a trigger that checks if the required items are there or else will return back the amount of cost

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
well.. what duelplayer said is true, it's based on a tome and has no ability, just pick the item and poff, tome disappear and you create a item in the ground

but you'll need some system to order the unit to right-click that item and check if right-clicked item is part of recipe.... this is the reason why i show you the system...

also... if you at least look at the topic, you'll see lots of example that include gui and if you need help to learn how use that, you can PM me or post some thread here, of course people will help you, at least, try to help you

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so i will need a trigger that would look somthing like this

event
hero gets item
condition
action
if then else
if item is = recipie tome = to true
hero has recipie item needed 1 and 2
then remove recipie item needed 1 and 2 and give completed recipie to hero
else give recipie scroll

what do i do for the hero buying the recipie tome and inventory is full but doesent have the items needed or buys the tome and doesent have the items but has space for the recipie scroll

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
since it just will check it you got some item... may work.... but Artificial system work as ordered order

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
also keep in mind that in "dota" for example, you buy 1 item, but get another one in your inventory, because if you buy only a recepie, with no ingredients you still get a scroll
which is why you need multiple items per 1 item, making a total of many many items :D

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
also keep in mind that in "dota" for example, you buy 1 item, but get another one in your inventory, because if you buy only a recepie, with no ingredients you still get a scroll
which is why you need multiple items per 1 item, making a total of many many items :D

i have no idea what ur talking about

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so to do this im going to have to make muiltiple triggers for each item

one that changes the tome(recipie) to a scroll if u dont have the items needed
one that creates the recipie if the tome(recipie) is bought and you have all the needed items
and one that changes the scroll into the recipie

EDIT:dam it soz double post :(:banghead:

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
the only thing you need to with that JASS system is to use the gui trigger, just copy paste it into your map. but if you dont want to use the system and insists on a system like in dota... then you need to create 2 versions of the item, 1 as an item that you can have in your inventory, and one like a tome (which you sells in shop)

then when you sell it to the hero, you check if the hero got items -> if it does, create the combined item and put it into his inv... if not and he got room -> create the recipe item and put it into inv... if he does not have any room or the items it needs, then you just give monney back and give him a warning or something.

madd_999

Reaction score
so to do this im going to have to make muiltiple triggers for each item

one that changes the tome(recipie) to a scroll if u dont have the items needed
one that creates the recipie if the tome(recipie) is bought and you have all the needed items
and one that changes the scroll into the recipie

EDIT:dam it soz double post :(:banghead:

no just 1 trigger.

when you buy the tome, let it check if it has all the requirements, if not, check if he has 6 items, if he has them, return money and fake the error "your inventory is full", if not, then create the recipe item in his inventory.

just 1 trigger for every item, that still makes it a lot.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so somthing like this
Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • If all conditions are true the do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
    • If - Condition
    • (Item type of (Item being manipulated)) equal to Claws of Attack[fake]
    • Then - Actions
    • ((Hero manipulating items) has has an item of type Boots of Speed[real]) equal to True
    • ((Hero manipulating items) has has an item of type Recipe Scroll[real]) equal to True
    • Then - Actions
    • Item - Remove (item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Boots of Speed[real])
    • Item - Remove (item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Recipe Scroll[real])
    • Hero - Create Clawed Boots and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
    • Else - Actions
    • If - Condition
    • (Number of item carried by (Hero manipulating item)) equal to 6
    • Then - Action
    • game - display inventoy is full
    • player - give the cash back?
      • Else - Action
      • Hero - Create Claws of Attack[real] and give it to (Hero manipulating item)

but i still have to to it 3 times (more or less depending on how many items the recipie requires)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I simply dont understand why you dont want to use that sytem posted above, but yes then you need to do like that.

(monney back is the price for the item, which you just need to set to a constant value (so if it costs 100gold - set it to 100))

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the system doesent do what i want its in vjass that requires newgen witch i do not want to go near

of course i know to set add (cost of item) to players gold

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.