Item Shop?

Kildare

Reaction score
[Solved] Item Shop?

This may sound abit newbieish but what's the ability type that allows units to sell items? (Like Train for training units and Research for learning upgrades)

I've got a feeling it's the Train ability but i would like to make sure. Also, how do you set it so that the Itemshop sells the item directly to the purchasing unit instead of dropping it on the ground?

EDIT: I solved the problem already. Thanks anyway.

Kildare

Reaction score
Lol ok. Basically itemshop just needs two abilities: Interact and Train. The only problem with this now is that i can't stop the itemshop from selling items when the buying unit has a full inventory. =/

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Lol ok. Basically itemshop just needs two abilities: Interact and Train. The only problem with this now is that i can't stop the itemshop from selling items when the buying unit has a full inventory. =/

Ok so we just have to name them interact and train and it will work? :nuts:

If you don't share your solution at least I can't help you, because I've lost my crystal ball just a few days ago. You could for example work with triggers and make every "buy that" button a dummy ability that just does it's job when you have the money and space in your inventory.

But plz still share your solution.

Kildare

Reaction score
Nono i meant the ability type. When you create a brand new ability in the data editor you can set the TYPE of ability it is. I'm just saying it needs two different abilities, one with the Interact type and the other is a Train type.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Nono i meant the ability type. When you create a brand new ability in the data editor you can set the TYPE of ability it is. I'm just saying it needs two different abilities, one with the Interact type and the other is a Train type.

maybe people might be wondering how to create the interact and train ability. I was just being sarcastic because you havent answered that question at all.
I have yet no chance in helping you either, unless I know how you've done it.

Kildare

Reaction score
Lol. In case you didn't know i've already solved the problem, unless you're refering to my current problem of being unable to stop the shop from selling items to a unit with a full inventory.

And i've already explained it to the best i can. It's basically what it is, create a Interact ability and a Train ability and give them to the Itemshop unit. I never mentioned anything about NAMING them "Interact" and "Train". If you don't understand what i'm saying it just means you haven't explored the editor enough and would have been in no position to help me anyway. No offense intended.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.