Item Slow Attackers Like Frost Armour

Arberden

Reaction score
Hi, I want to make an item such that once the user has it anyone who attacks him will get slowed. It is something like frost armour. Do I have to create a dummy unit to cast frost armour on this hero when he picks up the item or is there another easier way.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Well yes you could have frost armor continuosly cast when the item is picked up, and remove the buff when the item is lost.
Set the duration to infinityly long time.
However the problem with that is that if you have any other abilities in your game that perhaps "steal buffs" or remove positive buffs from enemies or something like that, it shall mess up the ability. Aswel as the problem with death recast's etc.

Simplist solution I can think of is just triggering the slow, like if they attack you they have a percentage chance to have a dummy unit cast at their position and cast "Slow" (Human Sorceress i think) apon them, just change the looks of the 'Slow' buff apon the target. Only problems you could have with that is that they will be slowed before the projectile hits. (unless you add cast delay on dummy ability or something like that)

Anyways, if you need help with either of those triggers just give me a shout, will be more than happy to help :)

Arberden

Reaction score
I just remembered dota has something like this.For enchantress it is a spell instead of an item.It should be similar. Which way did they do it?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Well you could just use an item that has an aura on it. This could be any item aura ability. Remove the data from the aura, then when the hero is attacked, check if he has the buff. If he does, slow the attacker

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Well you could just use an item that has an aura on it. This could be any item aura ability. Remove the data from the aura, then when the hero is attacked, check if he has the buff. If he does, slow the attacker

That's what I said.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.