Item: Spell Reflection Item

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello again, dear Community.

I had an idea recently, which I would very much love to integrate into my map, if at all possible.

To get straight to the point: The idea would be a sort of Spell Shield, which does not simply "block" an enemy spell, but reflects it unto it's caster.

The problem I have here is that I do not know of any item which already accomplishes this, and I do not really know how to create it with a trigger. It would be no problem to make an event "Starts the effect of an ability" and then "Unit of targeted ability has spell shield", but then, how to proceed? The Triggers (at least the GUI, and I don't know JASS), only allows units to cast spells.

Of course it would be possible to create a dummy unit at the position of the targeted unit, and give it (Ability being cast), but then how to order the dummy unit to use exactly this spell is a mystery for me.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

Ouguiya

istar

Reaction score
no base ability i know of does that, the closest is spell shield
event-unit starts effect of ability
condition-unit has buff
action-create dummy unit, give it the ability casted and cast it on caster
(you can use spell shield for the blocking part)
i assuming the enemy caster is hero
to have the same ability as the caster, the dummy has to be a hero too
BUT, creating hero lag, so i suggest you make a corresponding unit ability instead

Ouguiya

Reaction score
That sounds like the most logical path of action, but would require 8 x 40 x 4 spells (8 levels for each spell, 40 heroes, 4 spells per hero each equals 1280 (!))

I'm sure you'll agree that I can't possibly make all those spells.

The problem is also that you cannot specify a unit to simply cast a spell, you have to use the spell base, but there is (to the best of my understanding) no way of fetching the ability base of the ability used.

Yours,

Ouguiya

istar

Reaction score
GetIssuedOrderId()
and
GetSpellAbility()
yes we can!
alternatively, you can create a copy of the caster hero, and set everything the same, that herocopy sure can cast it, then remove, give it ghost and locust, but this will lag alot creating heroes

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks again for the reply.

Unfortunatly, as I told you, I have no clue about JASS. Could you maybe explain how those commands work, or give an example how they should be used in this particular case?

Also, I know that Units can cast hero spells, when the spell is given via trigger. (see this excellent tutorial here: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=28117 , in Chapter VII, it reads:
Unit – Add Ability gives a unit a certain ability, it didn’t initially have. You can give any ability to any unit (yes, that means that you can give hero abilities to normal units) but there are some restrictions. Giving a hero ability will not allow that hero to upgrade the ability to higher level, when leveling himself.

Which would mean, that the dummy unit could be simplest unit imaginable (footman mostly), create it, add an expiration timer, and, with the commands you kindly provided, get the order id, give it the ability, make it cast it, and the unit will die peacefully after having fulfilled it's duty.

Will this work?

Thanks,

Yours,

Ouguiya

istar

Reaction score
Units can cast hero spells
lol, i didnt know that, thanks
make a little custom script then

bj_lastCreatedUnit=last created unit(obvious eh?)
GetSpellAbilityId() refers to the spell casted converted into its raw data

now this part i am unsure

add these 2 lines
the 2nd line i am unsure, i not too sure if GetIssuedOrderId works in event unit starts effect of ability, else you need to have a second trigger
GetTriggerUnit = (depends on event, refers to caster in unit starts effect of ability)
you need to set level of ability too

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello again!

Well, I tried it, but unfortunately, things don't work like they should.

to show, this is the trigger I made:

Trigger:
  • Mirror Shield
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Mirror Shield ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Removable_Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set Removable_Point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at Removable_Point facing Removable_Point2
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(bj_lastCreatedUnit,GetSpellAbilityId())
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder(bj_lastCreatedUnit,OrderId2String(GetIssuedOrderId()),GetTriggerUnit())

I know this may seem very noobish, since probably I forgot something completly natural, but, like I said, I don't really know JASS.

Hopefully, one of you can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Yours,

Ouguiya

tennycat13

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Mirror Shield
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Mirror Shield) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set AbilityBeingReflected = (Ability being cast)
      • Set AbilityLevel = (Level of AbilityBeingReflected for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set DummyUnit = (Last created unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • AbilityBeingReflected Equal to Slow
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Slow to DummyUnit
          • Unit - Set level of AbilityBeingReflected for DummyUnit to AbilityLevel
          • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • AbilityBeingReflected Equal to Faerie Fire
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Faerie Fire to DummyUnit
              • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • AbilityBeingReflected Equal to War Stomp (Neutral Hostile 1)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add War Stomp (Neutral Hostile 1) to DummyUnit
          • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • AbilityBeingReflected Equal to Slam (Neutral Hostile)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Slam (Neutral Hostile) to DummyUnit
              • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Neutral - Slam
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Unit - Remove DummyUnit from the game

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
tenny are you nuts? :nuts: (btw it leaks)

anyway, instead of creating the dummy, you could try creating a unit type of caster instead
and you could try to hide him, add him locust or w/e and order him to use the spell

tennycat13

Reaction score
tenny are you nuts? :nuts: (btw it leaks)

anyway, instead of creating the dummy, you could try creating a unit type of caster instead
and you could try to hide him, add him locust or w/e and order him to use the spell

No one said it doesn't leak.

Edit----------------------

Btw, It doesn't really matter rather you use the unit type of caster or a dummy unit. Either way, you will have to set trigger for each spell. It will depends on which one you like. For my trigger, you will only have to create 1 trigger for every individual spell once. For your suggestion, you will have to create 1 trigger for every individual spell of a unit. Which means, if you have two units that has the same spell, you will have to create a trigger for it twice.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
U know what? That ability can be done by adding a spellbook with 100% magic resistance and when an ability is casted on your unit. Just remove the spellbook. When it cooldowns again add it again and again. Will this work for u?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I like these JASS actions about returning the cast spell, but how do you block the spell with a trigger/action? ie Prevent it from dealing damage if it is say Mana Burn or Firebolt? And how would you stop this trigger from blocking friendly healing or buffing spells like healing wave or bloodlust?

Just some thoughts.

PS:to tennycat and Ouguiya, if you right-click on the trigger name in your images, you can copy your triggers as text, them slap them down in #CODE tags, saving us having to download ur pics

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Hello again!

Well, I tried it, but unfortunately, things don't work like they should.

to show, this is the trigger I made:

Trigger:
  • Mirror Shield
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Mirror Shield ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Removable_Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set Removable_Point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at Removable_Point facing Removable_Point2
      • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(bj_lastCreatedUnit,GetSpellAbilityId())
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder(bj_lastCreatedUnit,OrderId2String(GetIssuedOrderId()),GetTriggerUnit())

I know this may seem very noobish, since probably I forgot something completly natural, but, like I said, I don't really know JASS.

Hopefully, one of you can guide me in the right direction.

I don't know JASS, but I think this is wrong: Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(bj_lastCreatedUnit,GetSpellAbilityId())

I'm not sure if "GetSpellAbilityId" alone is pointing in the right place. I think it needs to be effectively "Get spell ability ID of spell being cast". I don't know the proper JASS though; but I'm sure someone can get you going on that.

tennycat13

Reaction score
PS:to tennycat and Ouguiya, if you right-click on the trigger name in your images, you can copy your triggers as text, them slap them down in #CODE tags, saving us having to download ur pics

# Trigger Problems

1. Use WC3 Tags. Don't know how? When you have a trigger, look at the Events icon in the trigger editor. See the name of the trigger right above it? Right-click. Select Copy As Text, then paste into your thread. Put the
Trigger:
  • tag at the beginning of the trigger, and put the <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_4">
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">tag at the end. If you are posting in the JASS Zone, there are similar tags for JASS. They work like this: &lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock-title&quot;&gt;JASS:&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock-content&quot;&gt;&lt;pre class=&quot;bbCodeCode&quot;&gt;&lt;code class=&quot;jass&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock-title&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;JASS&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock-content&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;pre&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeCode&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/code&quot; class=&quot;type&quot;&gt;code&lt;/a&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;jass&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;.&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/code&quot; class=&quot;type&quot;&gt;code&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;pre&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/code&gt;&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>
Trigger:
  • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_6">
    • <li class="lastopen"><span class="default">&lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock-title&quot;&gt;JASS:&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;bbCodeBlock-content&quot;&gt;&lt;pre class=&quot;bbCodeCode&quot;&gt;&lt;code class=&quot;jass&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock-title&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;JASS&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeBlock-content&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;pre&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;bbCodeCode&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/code&quot; class=&quot;type&quot;&gt;code&lt;/a&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;jass&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;I&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;don&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&amp;#&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;number&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;number&quot;&gt;0&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;number&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;number&quot;&gt;39&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;t&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;think&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;it&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;is&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;an&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;a&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;href&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/image&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;type&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/image&quot; class=&quot;type&quot;&gt;image&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;a&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;.....</span>
    • <ul>
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;Anyway&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;symbol&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;,&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;I&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;think&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;Curo&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;is&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;right&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;. &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;You&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;will&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;probably&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;have&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;to&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;create&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;an&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;Ability&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;varible&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;keyword&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;keyword&quot;&gt;and&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;keyword&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;keyword&quot;&gt;then&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;put&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;udg_yourabilityvarible&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;inside&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;the&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;symbol&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;(&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;symbol&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;of&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;a&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;href&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/GetSpellAbilityId&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;native&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/GetSpellAbilityId&quot; class=&quot;native&quot;&gt;GetSpellAbilityId&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;a&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;symbol&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;(&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span&gt;class&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;=&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;string&quot;&gt;&amp;quot;symbol&amp;quot;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;span&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;.&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/code&quot; class=&quot;type&quot;&gt;code&lt;/a&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;pre&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;/&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span&gt;div&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;symbol&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/code&gt;&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>

Curo

Reaction score
I don't think it is an image.....

Anyway, I think Curo is right. You will probably have to create an Ability varible and then put udg_yourabilityvarible inside the () of GetSpellAbilityId().

1) I don't think using wc3 tags is an image either. You can copy/paste the text from it.

2) That's not exactly what I said, but yeah.... You effectively want "GetSpellAbilityId(AbilityBeingCast)". Effectively, not literally, as I don't know the language.

tennycat13

Reaction score
1) It was directed to da1nOnlyEd. -.-;;

2) I think you misunderstood. Both way are the same. In warcraft editor, you could create a variable and a global variable. Global variable is referred with a udg_ in Jass. Yea.... either way works fine. However, with a global variables, they could leak and are not mui. I think that is all I could explain with limited knowledge about jass.

Curo

Reaction score
1) I know, I was agreeing with you.

2) I know, you were just kinda clarifying my point. When it comes to JASS I get confused, but I know how variables and whatever else works. Isn't there a JASS function to get the ability being cast? That way you don't need to use a variable. Otherwise, yeah, variable.

tennycat13

Reaction score
Yea, I think there should be one. It is probably a personal preference, setting a variable is so much easier to refer to in trigger. :p:p

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Sorry for shooting you guys down. I never knew there were wc3 tags, I thought they were images. Oops :(:eek::p (how new are they? they didn't exist a year ago...)

Let me change my question: If there's no way to block the spell using triggers, is there a way to detect when Spell Shield activates/blocks a spell?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.