System Item Stacking

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Item Stacking System II​

Edit (November 8th, 2006): Replaced the item list condition with something more global, now affects all stackable items.

I decided to remake my old system in order to make it better. This one has a limit of items that can be in one slot at time. I figured that the most suitable way to define this limit would be the item level. By default the level can't go above 8, but you can bypass that by simply holding Shift when changing the level field.
Also you only need one trigger for this system while the second is optional (but recommended & useful).
There is also a demo map this time if you don't want to do everything manually. ;)

Code:
Acquire
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to 0
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
                        (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Less than (Item level of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)))
                        (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated))) Greater than (Item level of (Item being manipulated))
                            Then - Actions
                                Item - Set charges remaining in (Item being manipulated) to (((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated))) - (Item level of (Item being manipulated)))
                                Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) to (Item level of (Item being manipulated))
                            Else - Actions
                                Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)))
                                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                    Else - Actions

This is the second, optional trigger. It allows you to split stackable items by making a double right-click.
Requires 2 variables: order (of type Integer) and L (of type Point).
Code:
Split
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom script:   set udg_order = GetIssuedOrderId()
            If - Conditions
                order Greater than or equal to 852002
                order Less than or equal to 852007
                (Target item of issued order) Equal to (Item carried by (Ordered unit) in slot (order - 852001))
                (Charges remaining in (Target item of issued order)) Greater than 1
            Then - Actions
                Item - Set charges remaining in (Target item of issued order) to ((Charges remaining in (Target item of issued order)) - 1)
                Set L = (Position of (Ordered unit))
                Item - Create (Item-type of (Target item of issued order)) at L
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
                Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to 1
            Else - Actions

If you are curious about the order...852002 is the order id used when you move the item to inventory slot 1. 852003 is the same thing, but for slot 2 etc.
The third condition checks if the slot you dropped it on is the same as the slot used by the item previously.

If you find any bugs feel free to PM me and i'll fix them right away.

Attachments

• StackingSystemII.w3x
    14.1 KB · Views: 2,546
I

icearrow

This was incredibly helpful. Thanks so much. I am typically really good with triggers, but I tried to figure out this trigger for a long time and I finally gave up and searched hard for a tutorial. This trigger works very soundly. I still am puzzled how you came up with such a trigger. Nice Job!

T

Trigath

When I try to open the example map in the editor I get an error saying:

"Trigger does not exist in database: GetItemCharges"

and then the editor crashes...what's the problem here?
I use the normal TFT world editor...

Black Hawk

Reaction score
When I try to open the example map in the editor I get an error saying:

"Trigger does not exist in database: GetItemCharges"

and then the editor crashes...what's the problem here?
I use the normal TFT world editor...

You need to update Warcraft 3 TFT by getting the latest patch.

Oh and SFilip Thanks for the triggers. I needed them for an Rpg im making.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Help

I am making a map with throwing knives and other items. The map has the same system you have created but doesent stack.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Have you set the item's level properly?
Is the item stackable?

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Im sorry I replied this late. I attatched a word file with the stats of two items.

Attachments

• Items.doc
    76 KB · Views: 630

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well the only solution I found for that is Appie's system which uses two versions of each items, one that works as a tome that does nothing and the other being the actual item. However I never really got this system to work so...

K

Kesrith

First thank you for this i works really fine. But i have a question. I wanted to make items like claws of attack stackable, but now the claws stack but the damage they give doesnt. I hope somebody can tell me how i can fix that.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
First thank you for this i works really fine. But i have a question. I wanted to make items like claws of attack stackable, but now the claws stack but the damage they give doesnt. I hope somebody can tell me how i can fix that.

Only easy solution here was using my doubler instead of a stacker, but that would only work with powers of two and only with a low number of stacks.
Another possibility would be the following:
You'll need a +damage skill with X levels, and a maximum stack of X. Then you let the damage of the skill be claw damage * level.
Now whenever someone picks up an item, you let the claws stack and then you'll need to find the stack and set the level of the skill for the picking unit to the number of claws on the stack.

hth, davey

Ultramen

Cool Member
Reaction score

Whoa, i made a thread how to combine items with charges, i had a post to check this thread out, and what do you know. It works.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
When i buy 2 of the same items the stacking goes blank and i can use the number unlimited times :/ I don't know what im doing wrong...i copied ur trigger, my item has 1 charge and is lvl 5

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
I give you a 5 star rating

Ive been needing a stacking system lately and now ive found it .

:D Good Job

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
The split system dont work for me. It does merge the items on pickup..

What item do you use? I tried with health pot, scroll of haste and alot others.. They wont split, they just move the entire group.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
If you imported it correctly, a double right-click should split the item.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.