[Item] Wings of Wicked Flame

irgan

Reaction score
I have an item i'm making called Wings of Wicked Flame. What it does is teleports a Hero like Kelen's Dagger of Escape, then where the hero lands it creates the burning effect of Flame Strike and does a small amount of damage in an area of effect. How would i set this up? The event is a hero uses an item correct? Then create an effect and make unit damage in a radius area effect? Anything else?

Ringleader

Reaction score
Or create a dummy unit to Human Blood Mage > Flame Strike the area of the unit after using the item.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
Assuming that your not also moving the unit in the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Wicked Flame
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Wings of Wicked Flame
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 325.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions

Ofcourse damage radius and damage are variable according to what you want. Also if the special effect occurs at the original target of the unit you can choose to wait half a second or so before going through the rest of the actions.

Good luck mate :cool:

irgan

Reaction score
:) Oh ty Mr. Nighthawk. This works perfectly (i did have to wait .5 seconds) +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.