Items - Recipes

Astal

Reaction score
hey for some reason when I purchase the recipe it spawns on the ground as the display until I pick it up. It doesnt go to my inventory. I followed the tutorial exactly.

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I followed your tut almost exactly, and made it leakless.. heres what i came up with:
Trigger:
  • Serathil
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Serathil (Recipe)) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Orb of Fire (+5dmg)) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Maul of Strength (+1str)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Serathil (Recipe))
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Orb of Fire (+5dmg))
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Maul of Strength (+1str))
          • Set MyLoc = (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
          • Item - Create Serathil (+1str/+5dmg) at MyLoc
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyLoc)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at MyLoc using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\ToonBoom.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Now im just gonna test it ;)

Edit: It worked, Thanks! :)

LoveRPG

Reaction score
What is the: ((hero manipulating item) has an item of type Axe) equal to true. what is that of condition? tried boolean did not work it out though:S

Found it^^

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
it is boolean

it's called "Unit has an item of type"

EDIT: oh shit didn't read everything you said :(

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
First to say: Very nice tut! :D

Second to say, wel ask :p:
Why add wait, I mean thought that wait's are always bad. If you could do it any other way (like free_killing did) then you should do it another way right...?

Because when theres a wait it's no longer MUI right?

Regards

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
hey for some reason when I purchase the recipe it spawns on the ground as the display until I pick it up. It doesnt go to my inventory. I followed the tutorial exactly.

Thats because this system creates the item at the position of the unit (From what I've read in the post below yours). If you don't want to do that, just make these your actions:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating Item)) of type (X)
    • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero Manipulating Item)) of type (Y)
    • Item - Create (Item Z) for (Hero Manipulating Item)

Please note that that was done free-hand and may not be entirely accurate.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Ok this is my Trigger:
Trigger:
  • The One Ring
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Recipe: The One Ring) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Ring of Health) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Arcane Ring) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Ring of Essence) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Recipe: The One Ring)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Ring of Health)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Arcane Ring)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Ring of Essence)
          • Item - Create The One Ring at MyLoc
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at MyLoc using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\ToonBoom.mdl
          • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Just that I don't really understand the part from Orc_Tamer where you make that trigger if you have more items of the same kind.

Because I want 2 Ring's of Essence be used instead of one. Therefor, Do I need to create a second trigger together with this one? or is it based on one trigger?

How to do this?

Regards

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, (Sorry Orc_tamer) here's another version if you don't understand that one ;)

Trigger:
  • Recipe
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 0
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Axe
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Count = (Count + 1)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Slot = (Integer A)
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot Slot)
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength)
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3)
                      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishHealth\ReplenishHealthCaster.mdl
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
                      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
                      • Hero - Create Shiny Axe of Strength and give it to (Triggering unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

And just copy the first "If" to make several of these with different items needed ;)

Btw, this recipe uses well, the recipe itself "Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength" and "Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3" as normal ingredients, and "Axe" as the one which is needed 2 of :D

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Well, (Sorry Orc_tamer) here's another version if you don't understand that one ;)

Trigger:
  • Recipe
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 0
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Axe
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Slot = (Integer A)
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength)
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3)
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishHealth\ReplenishHealthCaster.mdl
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
                      • Hero - Create Shiny Axe of Strength and give it to (Triggering unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

And just copy the first "If" to make several of these with different items needed ;)

Btw, this recipe uses well, the recipe itself "Recipe: Shiny Axe of Strength" and "Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3" as normal ingredients, and "Axe" as the one which is needed 2 of :D

Ok, will post my trigger if I got this right, Count = Variable(Integer)? Or...?
And why integer A from 1 to 6?

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Ah ok, hehe could have known that :p

Ok this is what I made xd

Trigger:
  • The One Ring
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Recipe: The One Ring) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Ring of Health) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Arcane Ring) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Count = 0
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Ring of Essence
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 1
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Slot = (Integer A)
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Count Equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe: The One Ring)
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Ring of Health)
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Arcane Ring)
                      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\ToonBoom\ToonBoom.mdl
                      • Hero - Create The One Ring and give it to (Triggering unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Oh almost forgot, (might be dumb question but)

I based my shops on the Human Acrance Vault, and I'm trying to get rid of the 'select user' at the bottemright corner. But can't figure that out... (Or do I just have to base it on another shop?)
Just now I can only sell 11 instead of 12 items wich is very irritating :p

Joccaren

Reaction score
>Oh almost forgot, (might be dumb question but)
I based my shops on the Human Acrance Vault, and I'm trying to get rid of the 'select user' at the bottemright corner. But can't figure that out... (Or do I just have to base it on another shop?)
Just now I can only sell 11 instead of 12 items wich is very irritating :p

I had this problem as well, forgot how I fixed it though. Search the forums, you should be able to find it somewhere there.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
I had this problem as well, forgot how I fixed it though. Search the forums, you should be able to find it somewhere there.

I just made multiple shops... Works to but little silly to make another shop with the same catogary for one item.. Wich brings you to the point that you should make more items.. :(

Anyway its fixed :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The initial links in this post are broken from the forum switch - anyway to find out if those threads still exist and update this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.