It's official: I am coming to US, regardless of being accepted or not to my school.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you get in on time I might be able to get you on the IPhone and Android Development Kits if these guys I am talking to are not full of BS. Would love to have someone to study it with - you could be my tester :)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I am coming to US for graduate school. Currently, still waiting on the official letter.

Thanks for the wonderful offer, since I do plan on staying in the US for 2 to 4 years, depending on the circumstances. However, the main intention is for studying, so that has higher priority on my TODO list.

If there is nothing I can do and being helpless about it in the foreseeable future, I can then consider your offer and head on down.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hehe. Like I mentioned in the chat. I will be around you. :)

Boston is cool I guess. It's not bad as one of the big US cities. Historic indeed, if you're into that stuff (I am not so I couldn't care less). If you need help just getting familiar with or being a pro in the city, just ask away here.

What are you studying again, and what school? (if you don't mind saying)

And I'm not sure if you're serious about the flight concerns, but don't worry, statistically it's quite low for anything to go wrong. But who knows, the plane might explode or something, I hate planes.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
That is Awesome tom! If you get into programming or IT look me up as I can do internships or make your time here count for hours on an internship or whatever :)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
That is Awesome tom! If you get into programming or IT look me up as I can do internships or make your time here count for hours on an internship or whatever :)
I actually do computer programming, having a fond interest of it in my CS major.

I will be looking for internships if everything's smooth at sail. If it happens that there is one near Houston, I'll try to get in touch with you.

But we can't start planning unless I am approved.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Come near Seattle let me know.
I have a relative in Vancouver, which is near you (I suppose).

If I have a vacation trip to see my relative, I can try to make a path for Seattle.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
If you manage to get to the US we definitely need to do a real life get together.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
AD8v6oc.jpg

BnzInrJ.jpg

Power Socket:

j7KXuha.jpg

uuPz1AG.jpg

Ate two of them chicken and rice:

2VpQsci.jpg

Got some special ice cream treat and ham sandwich for breakfast:

aowEKhB.jpg

A better picture of "Mission Bar & Grill":

pF415Xx.jpg

Some random pictures being taken for calibrating my smartphone camera settings:

KCO6tck.jpg

xzLyc99.jpg

bb1XXaz.jpg

Clgn4SE.jpg

JRpAsee.jpg

RbHEk2g.jpg

I wasn't able to take pictures whem traveling from SFO to BOS, since I was flying through the night and me sitting next to the aisle. For the entire flight from TPE to BOS, my smartphone hasn't been charging, so that's wonderful. I didn't use the power socket shown above because it is a pain in the ass to get my laptop out of my carry-on baggage. Instead, I ended up doing a movie marathon (which I enjoyed the most and now missed the most).

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Your photo does not exist / removed ? !
Welp.

Edit: It looks like all of the pictures I have uploaded didn't actually upload successfully, and I went ahead and delete the images from my phone before I noticed the warning message.

On United Airlines, Flight 872, I was able to enjoy its entertainment system by viewing a ton of movies and watch the Flight Map.

When supper arrived, they let us choose either chicken or fish; I chose chicken. It was actually chicken and rice, boiled lettuce and sour pickles. The supper also contains butter and bread, salad with Thousand Islands, a nut cake for dessert, and an orange juice.

I was lucky enough to get a second serving, when the person next to me said that they have already ate breakfast and wasn't hungry.

The power socket that was taken is located underneath my seat. The United Airlines homepage didn't mention where they were located, so me and my seat neighbors were all scrambling around to find it.

After 10 hours of movie marathon, a special ice cream treat was served. It is a ham and cheese sandwich, and a small cup of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream. The ice cream is really expensive in Taiwan, so I was bewildered that United Airlines actually served them.

The remaining flight consists of The Legos Movie and Thor: A Dark World.

And that is about it.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.