itunes music to an mp3?

worldofDeath

Reaction score
How come when i put itunes music on to my mp3 it dosnt come up it says it locked or something. Can any one help me?

The one to the right. Is locked and i cant see it on my mp3. Im going to get an ipod soon but i want to listen to it on my mp3. Help plez

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
Right click, Properties, and see if its "Read Only."

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yep, they lock you into their format so you can only play it with iTunes or an iPod. It's actually encrypted so that you can't transfer it to anyone else (except by using whatever functions are provided within the iTunes app.) If you want to buy MP3's, I think Amazon.com was selling them (much less selection though.)

I think iTunes has a way to burn tracks to CD a limited number of times- and you can then rip it to MP3 from there if you really want.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Right click, Properties, and see if its "Read Only."
No becuse i can play it.
Yep, they lock you into their format so you can only play it with iTunes or an iPod. It's actually encrypted so that you can't transfer it to anyone else (except by using whatever functions are provided within the iTunes app.) If you want to buy MP3's, I think Amazon.com was selling them (much less selection though.)

I think iTunes has a way to burn tracks to CD a limited number of times- and you can then rip it to MP3 from there if you really want.

Wow. I have an mp3 im just wating for my team moblie subscrption to end so i can get an iphone then switch it to that. But i thought i get some songs from itunes since i have a 2 month free song downloads. Thanks for the help Jessi and Rapmaster.

Btw superstar is a good song to listen to. By Lupe Fransico and matthew santoes.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My sister has an Ipod Nano, and i found all her music in a hidden file.
We could do whatever with that file. She even copied it to her computer.

Try that.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes, that will work with MP3s and other unprotected formats (example: CDs that you rip onto your iPod)

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
There are programs to get rid of the DRM encryption which we won't discuss here.

I know of aprogram called Legal Music. All it does is tape the song and saving it in a different format. As long as the songs aren't copyright prtected, you could try that. It didn't work for me though :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.