General Jaden Smith: If Everyone "Dropped Out of School," Society Would Be "More Intelligent"

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Jaden Smith Hasn't Properly Learned the Rules of Using Capitalization in Sentences. Nevertheless, the After Earth star, 15 -- the son to Will and Jada, brother to Willow, and boyfriend to Kylie Jenner -- thinks school is very uncool. Last week, the budding singer and actor took to Twitter to rant, for some reason, about school, education, and the general rules of modern society.

"People Use To Ask Me What Do You Wanna Be When You Get Older And I Would Say What A Stupid Question The Real Question Is What Am I Right Now," the Karate Kid star began. He continued: "All The Rules In This World Were Made By Someone No Smarter Than You. So Make Your Own."

"School Is The Tool To Brainwash The Youth," he added. "Education Is Rebellion. If Newborn Babies Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Beings On Planet Earth."

Finally, Smith -- a close pal of Justin Bieber -- declared: If Everybody In The World Dropped Out Of School We Would Have A Much More Intelligent Society . . . Everybody Get Off Your Phones And Go Do What You Actually Wanna Do."

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the gazillion other news posts about what the rest of the world is twittering? (is that a verb yet?)
There are so many more twitter messages we have yet not read, and I bet they are all as newsworthy as this one.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
I say let it happen, let everyone with a similar IQ to the Karate kid (which is coincidentally similar to room temperature) drop out of school. I can then only hope that they realize they do not have a wealthy backing and begrudgingly march back to school, sit their asses down, and start learning

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
He has a huge point. Traditional school has major drawbacks. We might be better off with something completely different.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Him being in school and the way he writes helps to reinforce his message.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Him being in school and the way he writes helps to reinforce his message.

I swear, my blood started boiling as I read this massive steaming piece of sh*t. Let him do jobs that require no sort of knowledge and lets see if he can make a living off of it. He probably never even had to wipe his ass on his own. What a joke.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Where is the gazillion other news posts about what the rest of the world is twittering? (is that a verb yet?)

tweeting?

Frankly, if they feel like they can do well without education, it's entirely their decision. Enough confidence can sometimes work wonders, even without ability or skills to back it up.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
That's also how con men and psychopaths do their jobs. Overconfidence is a weapon if used accordingly.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
i can feel my iq dropping from reading this news article

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
He has a huge point. Traditional school has major drawbacks. We might be better off with something completely different.
Our schools are pretty messed up, there's a lot of truth to that. But do you remember being a teenager? What'd you want to do when you weren't in school for any reason? Go out with your friends and do what you do, not try to better your life in preparation for the future. The teenage years were my golden years and I attribute that to my lifestyle at the time, and school was part of that lifestyle. It gives us a place designated for learning that encourages cooperative work, it provides a structured environment that helps to prepare us for our future in the workforce, and it gives us the opportunity to form a meaningful companionship with like-minded peers. School is the yin to the teenage party-ers yang. It helps to provide balance in a kid's life who's only worried about themselves and what they want to do next. Just because he's tired of going to school doesn't mean that everyone should stop going, nor does it mean it's a brainwashing program.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
What'd you want to do when you weren't in school for any reason? Go out with your friends and do what you do, not try to better your life in preparation for the future.
Not all teenagers are short-sighted that way - quite a few have the entrepreneurial and research and development skills they need to get ahead in life.
It gives us a place designated for learning that encourages cooperative work
When people say "cooperative" in school it usually means "a quarter of you will end up doing all the work".
it provides a structured environment that helps to prepare us for our future in the workforce
Not everyone joins the workforce, eh? And there are plenty of restrictions in schools that nip individuality and creativity in the bud, like peer pressure and conformity regulations.
it gives us the opportunity to form a meaningful companionship with like-minded peers.
From personal experience, I see two sides - there's pretty much nobody in any of my classes that shares my interests/ideals, but the lecturers make far more interesting conversation.
It helps to provide balance in a kid's life who's only worried about themselves and what they want to do next.
I'm not too sure I understand this one - it seems that you're either saying that kids are already looking ahead to their futures, or you're diagnosing them with ADHD or something. Anyway, there's lots of other activities that a kid can engage in that are both productive and educational, yet don't involve schooling. Pursuing their personal interests, for example, or studying by themselves on the internet.
Just because he's tired of going to school doesn't mean that everyone should stop going, nor does it mean it's a brainwashing program.
Nor does it mean that everyone should go. And schooling does force a lot of society's values onto students with the expectation that they will be, in most respects, exactly the same as everyone else, which does not promote innovation and can be seen as a form of brainwashing.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
His shift key must be broken by now.​

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Any education are better "than nothing at all"

no - there are things labeled as "education" that do more harm than good - the best way to learn is via curiosity/interest, but lots of institutionalized "education systems" destroy that - I would argue that it is better without those.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
no - there are things labeled as "education" that do more harm than good - the best way to learn is via curiosity/interest, but lots of institutionalized "education systems" destroy that - I would argue that it is better without those.
Not always And " It all depends upon the individual" Really!

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score

Is false. I bet, if you were to do something with lets say, water or air and you didn't know shit about expansion and deflation of masses under the influence of heat or cold, you might only make this mistake once.
How about you ask this Smith guy or Justin BiebARGH what they'd do with a gas cooker and a can of beans, I bet they'd just put the can on the cooker.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Any education also implies "pain" and "knowing what causes pain."

A kid who don't know what "hot" is, touches something hot, will then understand what "hot" means. That's education, by learning what causes pain.

So, we're back to square 1.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.